We know that job hunting can be hard work but one way to make it easier for yourself is to set up a job alert.
A job alert is simply an email that we send you with notifications of the roles that matching your requirements.
It’s useful because it frees you from having to check IrishJobs.ie for new jobs. You no longer have to worry about missing a job that would be right for you.
It is also a quick and easy way to keep track of who is hiring in your industry. Even if you are not “actively” job hunting at the moment it is still a very useful tool to help you monitor your sector.
How to set-up a Job Alert
When setting up a job alert keep it as focused as possible. The alert will be set to your specifications so think carefully about your criteria such as sector and location and job type. We want to send you jobs that are perfect for you.
If you are getting jobs that aren’t right for you then you can quickly and easily edit your job alerts. You can do that from your IrishJobs.ie account. An IrishJobs.ie account is created for you automatically with a job alert. You can log in here. You will find more details of how to edit your job alerts further down in this post.
There are a few different ways to set up a job alert;
- From a job search
- From a company profile page
- From a job description
- From within your free IrishJobs.ie account (when you are logged in)
When you are searching for jobs put your email in the pop-up box and we will email you jobs based on your search criteria.
Remember to use the filters on the left of the page to narrow your criteria so we can send you job alerts that are perfectly tailored for your job hunt.
On every company profile, you will find a job alert box. Just enter your email and we will update you about your chosen company’s vacancies.
From a Job Description
Searching for a particular job? You can use the job description to set up a job alert. Scroll down to the bottom of the job page and enter your email.
From your IrishJobs.ie account
Create and manage your job alerts in your free IrishJobs.ie account. You can update, amend and edit them to match your job hunt needs.
- When logged in to your account (login button on top right corner of website) you can go to the Job Alerts section
- Here you can view the list of alerts you currently have set-up
- To create a new job alert click on the “Add New Job Alert” button
- You can have a maximum of 10 alerts
- To delete a job alert click on delete on the right of the alert
- If you want to keep the alert but edit the frequency or pause the alert then click the edit button.
- To edit the search details (keyword, category, location etc) click on the eye button
How to add a new Job Alert
- Whenever you click on “Add Job Alert” the following box will appear at the top of the screen
- Fill in the text boxes so the match your own job search criteria. Category, location and employment type etc.
- Once you have run your chosen search then click on the “Create My Job Alert” button
More IrishJobs.ie Guides
The IrishJobs.ie Homepage Guide
Why register with IrishJobs.ie
Tips on how to search and apply for a job on IrishJobs.ie
How to log in to your IrishJobs.ie account
Your Guide to IrishJobs.ie account and your Job Seeker Profile
Your Guide to Job Descriptions and Company Profiles on IrishJobs.ie