Cappagh National Orthopaedic Hospital is Irelands' major centre for elective orthopaedic surgery. Cappagh has been the pioneer of Orthopaedic Surgery in Ireland and is now the biggest dedicated Orthopaedic hospital in the country.
Cappagh National Orthopaedic Hospital is a Voluntary Hospital founded in 1908 under the care of the Religious Sisters of Charity. It was once renowned for its 'Open Air' wards and for its surgical treatment of children with TB from the 1920s. It is now an elective hospital with 160 beds, 11 of which are semi-private. The hospital provides the full range of Orthopaedic services including Major Joint Replacement (Ankle, Hip, Knee, Shoulder, Elbow, Wrist), Spinal Surgery, Primary Bone Tumour service, Paediatric orthopaedics and Sports Injuries. The Orthotic Unit produces artificial limbs, braces and other aids for patients from all over the country.
In October 2012, Cappagh National Orthopaedic Hospital opened a 42 bedded rehabilitation The service accepts adults over the age of 65 from the Mater Hospital and Connolly Hospital Blanchardstown. Patients are admitted for rehabilitation orthopaedic surgeries, reduced mobility, falls, strokes or medical illnesses. This unit benefits those people who may have been struggling physically, have difficulty with everyday tasks of living or have had a recent decline in function.
The hospital has links with Beaumont Hospital, Children's University Hospital, Temple Street , Connolly Hospital, Blanchardstown, Mater University Hospital, St. Vincent's University Hospital, St. Michael's Hospital, Dun Laoghaire, St. Columcille's Hospital, Loughlinstown and St James' Hospital.
Please enter your email address
Please enter a valid email address