Purpose of the job:
We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Human Resources Officer at our site in Wisbech, Cambridge. Reporting to the Site General Manager you will be responsible fo
Purpose of the job:
We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Human Resources Officer at our site in Wisbech, Cambridge. Reporting to the Site General Manager you will be responsible for developing, implementing and co-ordinating various HR policies, HR procedures, Training and Development solutions for the Site.
- Recruitment – recruit staff internally and externally to operational roles at all levels in the most cost effective way, utilising the expertise/skill base of the category HR team when necessary.
- Budget Management – Agree and implement delegated budgetary controls in line with business Key Performance Indicators
- Structures – Advise managers on structural related issues e.g. Impact of changes on organisation, levels, grading, job ‘progression’, succession planning and assist in preparing job descriptions
- Training & Development – Identify training needs with the site exec team, and monitor the effectiveness and cost of training and development.
- Communication - To help promote a good employee relations climate through communications with employees, managers and the union. Value and use effective communication to achieve objectives. Understand colleague’s needs for information. Select appropriate communication channels to achieve objectives. Assist Managers in promoting and complying with Greencore values/behaviours.
- Counselling/Discipline/Grievance – Deal with a variety of matters including; counselling advice, disciplinary and grievance matters. Preparation of case notes for ET1 as and when required. Effective implementation and monitoring of Lean HR training modules.
- Industrial Relations – Support Management with advice on potential IR issues establish strong working relationship with the recognised trade union.
- Temporary Labour Providers - Ensure agency support is effective within a total lowest cost environment. Agency audits monitored in line with category guidance
- Administration – provide a comprehensive administration service ensuring correct procedures are followed on all HR related matters.
- Projects – Undertake ‘one-off’ project roles as and when required with the category HR team
- Out-Sourced Services – Management of the temporary labour providers operating on site to ensure that the service delivered meets the expectations of the business. i.e. security and restaurant facilities
- Health, Safety and Environment – Supporting the Health, Safety and Environment team by ensuring that you and other employees work in accordance with the strategy.