We are currently seeking an experienced and resourceful Vehicle Installation/ Maintenance technician to join our busy team in Dublin.
If you feel this is you, then get in touch as we would love to hear from you.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Fault rectification / modification of in vehicle electronic systems and associated wiring including but not limited to MDT on board computing systems, sat nav, cameras, speed pulse systems, on board monitoring systems. Hands free and radio equipment, radio programming
- Installation of vehicle electronic systems to FCS 1362 standards both commercial and civilian vehicles
- Installation of covert blues and twos systems in cars and vans
- Experience with both analogue and digital radio equipment
- Knowledge of control room control equipment, Base station antennas and associated wiring
- Experience with Bluetooth, WiFi, IP, GSM on in-vehicle communications platforms
- Liaising with fault control centres, Senior Support Engineer and Regional Support Manager for tasking.
- To be able to provide regular progress reports to the service centres
- Ensuring all paperwork (timesheets, fault records and field returns) is completed accurately and on time.
- Comply with working procedures and be able to assist with design document writing
- Responsible for carrying out individual Health and Safety appraisals on site, plus adhering to any local H&S processes & procedures.
- Ability to work as part of a team and alone in a high pressure Emergency service environment
- Ability to work in front of customer, often under pressure
- Ability to fault find on complex systems
- Excellent communications skills, developing excellent customer relations
- Experience working on modern automotive vehicles, and the knowledge and experience of both electrical and mechanical aspects of same
- Garda Siochana Security Clearance
- Full Driving Licence
- Requirement to travel throughout the island of Ireland
- Computer literate
- Microsoft Office competent
- FCS1362 accreditation desirable
A generous package will be offered to the successful candidate, commensurate with their experience, which will comprise basic salary, overtime and company commercial vehicle.
Other benefits include Company Pension Scheme, Private Medical Insurance and Income Protection Scheme