Are you a dynamic Global Human Resources Business Partner eager to provide strategic consultative support on human capital matters?
VICE PRESIDENT, HEAD OF HUMAN RESOURCES, PRAMERICA SYSTEMS IRELAND
Are you a dynamic Global Human Resources Business Partner eager to provide strategic consultative support on human capital matters? Are you equipped to provide the full range of human resources support to a global and matrixed business group? If you’re looking for an opportunity to serve as a strategic human capital thought partner, then we may have the perfect opportunity for you to showcase your talents!
Who are we?
Pramerica Systems Ireland Limited (Pramerica), is part of Prudential Insurance’s Global Business and Technology Solutions business unit. (GBTS). At Pramerica, we provide a vast range of business and technology services to our parent company, Prudential Financial, Inc., which provides financial products and services to retail and institutional customers in over 30 countries. Based in Letterkenny Co. Donegal, Ireland, our aim is to enhance Prudential Financials’ business performance by bringing forward strategic, innovative and cost effective solutions. How do we do this? Through our talent………
About this role:
Pramerica is seeking a Vice President, Head of Human Resources to enable business solutions through proactive consultation with senior management, business advocacy within HR, leveraging and coordination of deep HR expertise and act as an ambassador to the Pramerica community.
In this role, you will act as a strategic partner to middle and senior management. In support of this 1800-person organization, you will work closely with the Pramerica leadership team on the achievement of business results, organization design, and the talent/people agenda.
This role reports directly to the Vice President, Human Resources - GBTS, with a reporting line to the Senior Managing Director & CIO of Pramerica, and will lead a team of 15 human resources professionals. The VP, Head of Human Resources, Pramerica is a strategic consultant to the business, working to make the organization and employees effective in achieving business objectives. The VP will have deep expertise in all areas of HR and provide HR consulting to the Senior Managing Director & CIO as well as the senior team. Additionally, this role may get involved in a broader range of business issues (often outside the field of Human Resources).
This role will direct and manage the human resources activities for assigned staff and oversee all HR operations while maintaining and improving existing programs and in analyzing, developing and implementing new policies and programs. The VP must be able to maintain strategic partnerships with executives and line management to ensure human resources programs fully support the business goals and objectives. The incumbent will possess mastery of human resources policies, procedures and the regulatory requirements.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Strategic human resources consultation in the development and implementation of people initiatives and programs with a focus on future organizational needs as well as current needs.
• Partner with senior leaders to plan/drive change, enhance organizational effectiveness, identify areas for improvement and develop/implement related strategies.
• Advice on all key HR-related disciplines, including organizational design, change management, employee relations, health and wellness, policy guidance and advice, talent and succession planning, and performance management.
• Work closely with corporate partners, such as Employment Law and Corporate Compensation.
• Set the strategic direction for a team of HR professionals, while managing their capacity and development.
• Actively engage and consult with senior leaders on business initiatives to identify areas of opportunity and solutions to business concerns. Serve as internal executive coach and trusted advisor to senior leaders.
• Partner with client groups in executing all cyclical processes such as annual compensation, performance management, succession management and Employee Engagement Survey analysis.
• Measure and evaluate the impact of HR solutions through measurement and metrics to enhance fact-based decision-making. Provide business and HR leaders with data analysis and insights to help shape people practices and policies.
• Focus on improving HR operating cost in servicing Pramerica.
• Participate as a member of the GBTS HR Leadership team and the Pramerica Leadership Team.
• A solid track record of achievement as a strategic HR business partner, advisor and consultant to senior executives.
• Strategic thinking with the ability to translate strategy into action.
• Ability to analyze workforce trends and identify initiatives to drive organizational performance.
• Ability to translate business needs into human resources priorities and ensure alignment. Strong business acumen.
• Experience working in HR Consulting, Talent or Organizational Effectiveness.
• Experience handling complex employee relations and legal matters.
• Management experience required; managing a geographically dispersed HR team.
• Strong leadership, coaching and consensus building skills.
• Proven success operating in a dynamic and fast-paced, complex, high profile environment.
• Exceptional communication, presentation and facilitation skills. Strong executive presence.
• Successful track record of project management, relationship building, collaboration, problem solving and demonstrating sound judgment. A logical and analytical thinker.
• Ability to deal with ambiguity effectively.
• Embraces opportunities to streamline processes to drive efficiencies and improvements.
• Educational degree required in Business, HR or related fields. Advanced degree preferred.
• 10-15 years’ experience in HR leadership roles.
• Travel required – up to 25%.
• Demonstrate the highest levels of ethics, values and integrity; should be highly respected within current/previous organizations and within the industry as a trusted professional. Will stand up for managing the right way and create a safe to say environment.
• Demonstrate high energy, resiliency, capacity and the ability to manage multiple priorities and make ongoing decisions.
• Must be a team player and operate as a "player-coach." Must be able to lead through influence, rather than authority only.
• Demonstrate good balance of confidence and humility, which will solidify trust and enhance ability to get things done.
• Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability. Needs to be fluid and effective as business conditions and organizational dynamics change. Needs to remain calm and thoughtful, yet decisive under pressure.
• A self-critical and disciplined approach, with a positive, constructive attitude toward managing.
• Adapts communications and style to meet colleagues’ needs and expresses information in a clear, direct way.
• Possesses the ability, experience and confidence to effectively manage change throughout the organization.
Open to providing relocation assistance.