Are you an enthusiastic Twitter user who is familiar with all of its features? When you see spam, do you report it? Have you given your family members tips on how to avoid phishing attempts?
Are you an enthusiastic Twitter user who is familiar with all of its features? When you see spam, do you report it? Have you given your family members tips on how to avoid phishing attempts? Is your personal email account as secure as possible? Have you held a diverse role requiring a lot of responsibility and flexibility? Twitter User Services strives to build the best user experience possible for current and future users, and we need your help!
Within User Services, we’re building a Spam Operations team to focus on proactive and reactive spam fighting. This includes follow spam, trend spam, @reply spam, list spam, email spam, malware, phishing and compromised accounts. We own and enforce spam policy, through working closely with several engineering teams on monitoring trends, building tools, scaling our operations and improving our products.
We are looking for a self-starter with a strong background in online spam fighting, excellent communication, and of course, tons of enthusiasm for Twitter.
- Use in-house tools to fight spam and account abuse on a daily basis.
- 1-2 weekend shifts per month; rotating on-call schedule.
- Participation in bug triage, trouble shooting, and tool testing. Report and resolve inefficiencies in tools, policy, work flow etc. Propose and support new methods of eliminating spam. We’re constantly looking to improve!
- Accurately assess the severity of spam-related incidents and respond appropriately according to established escalation policies. Engage with Twitter’s internal and external partners to ensure anti-spam coverage.
- Be the anti-spam subject matter expert within the User Services team, and be the first point of contact for spam-related queries.
- Collaborate both inside and outside the team. Open, thorough, timely communication is a must!
- Prioritize daily tasks against ongoing projects, SLA targets/backlogs, and incidents.
- Turn problems into projects; turn projects into milestones.
- Active, passionate Twitter user.
- BA/BS in related area of focus, CS degree desired.
- Minimum 1 year experience in online spam operations, technical support, fraud operations, policy enforcement or related area.
- Strong interest in online abuse strategies; knowledge of spam fighting best practices.
- Experience with content analysis, pattern recognition, and applied statistics.
- Solid technical skills with the ability to quickly adapt to new tools and processes.
- Amazing attention to even the smallest details, ability to seek (and retain!) knowledge, share and apply it in the future.
- Background in QA, triage, regular-expression, Vertica, Agile and/or tools building (desired).