Our client seeks a Trade Marketing Specialist, based in Italy, to develop the meat and consumer food programme in Italian Markets
Please submit your CV below by clicking the APPLY button.
Trade Marketing Specialist - Italy - Based in Milan
The purpose of this role is to develop and implement our clients meat and consumer food programmes in the Italian, (& Swiss, Maltese, Greek and Cypriot) markets.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the objectives and market development strategies of client companies for the Italian, Swiss, Maltese, Greek and Cypriot market
- Develop and continually innovate a suite of services to assist client companies build business in the market
- Implement our clients meat, seafood, consumer food and beverage programmes for the retail and foodservice sectors
- Build market intelligence capability in the Italian, Swiss, Maltese, Greek and Cypriot markets
- Manage effective relationship with target buyers in the market.
- Recruit new buyers and develop relationship of current buyers to participate in inward buyer visits or other buyer contact events organised in both Ireland and the relevant markets
- Build new and develop existing business relationships with target buyers.
- Manage and coordinate business development programmes with target accounts.
- Provide relevant and timely market information, both proactively and reactively to Irish partner and to share will colleague.
- Deliver customised services to client companies including store checks, distributor searches, lead generation, buyer appointments, bespoke research projects, buyer profiles and translations where necessary.
- Follow market developments closely to identify opportunities for client companies in both retail and foodservice sectors
- Work closely with and effectively manage service providers; such as expert mentors
- Participate at conferences and trade fairs to network with the trade and to keep up to date with issues likely to impact on the Irish meat industry
- Monitor changes in market trends, product innovation, and company performance within the sector.
- Organise and coordinate market study visits for both groups and individual companies.
- Identify potential experts in key skills sets such as supply chain, logistics, retail buying, branding that can assist Irish companies to be more successful in the marketplace.
- Manage and monitor budgets on an ongoing basis and provide reports when required
- Support office manager with the ongoing office admin needs and tasks.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Third Level Qualification, preferably with a focus on marketing or agri-science marketing
- Minimum 2 years food marketing experience in either meat and consumer foods sectors.
- An understanding and in-depth knowledge of Irish agriculture and the food and drink industry.
- Fluent in both English and Italian with a minimum C1 or equivalent level.
- Ability to analyse market and industry trends and prepare written reports.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, particularly presentation and report writing skills.
- Excellent computer skills and ability to operate packages such as PowerPoint, Excel and Word efficiently and effectively.
- The ideal candidate should possess the drive to achieve superior standards and agreed goals.
- Full driver's license
Please submit your CV using the APPLY button below.