Job Summary: Manages the maintenance and repair of all moulds in operation at Tech Group Ireland. Liaises with external contractors for the manufacture and repair of Jigs & Fixtures
Job Summary: Manages the maintenance and repair of all moulds in operation at Tech Group Ireland. Liaises with external contractors for the manufacture and repair of Jigs & Fixtures and spare parts for injection moulds.
- Tool making qualification with minimum of 5 years experience working with injection moulds.
- Good knowledge of milling, turning, grinding, sparking and fitting.
- Must be able to read both 2D & 3D drawings.
- Good knowledge in mould maintenance and experience of supporting a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience in the manufacture and/or repair/maintenance of the following mould types would be a distinct advantage:
- Multi cavity moulds
- Hot Runner moulds
- Valve gated moulds
- Stack moulds
- Good understanding of the injection moulding process.
- Previous experience working on technically challenging applications would be an advantage (i.e.) medical, tight tolerance work.
- Ability to interact with suppliers, customers and external toolmakers.
- Knowledge of Hydraulics and Pneumatics would be an advantage.
- Basic PC skills required
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the maintenance of injection moulds in the company and compiling standard specifications /procedures for new moulds and monitoring of existing moulds to standard specifications.
- Responsible for, Jigs & Fixture manufacture, maintenance on the injection moulding and ancillary equipment in conjunction with the machine supplier.
- Works with the Production Group leaders (PGL’s) in troubleshooting Mould problems.
- Establishes relationships with the customers and suppliers in pursuit of continuous improvement and on-going business development.
- Attend, schedule and facilitate internal meetings to help establish priorities and assign tasks.
- Solves, in conjunction with the Quality department, customer related problems/issues as needed
- In conjunction with approved toolmakers, research new processes and/or systems for maintenance/manufacture of moulds and implement new processes and systems as developed under the direction of the operations manager.
- Record and maintain detailed tool work history/records on computer data base as well as completing technical reports for both internal and external use.
- May be required to work shift pattern depending on company requirements
- Instructs others, formally or informally, regarding manufacturing related skills or knowledge and assist in the training of employees on new processes or systems introduced to the company.
- Coordinate the development of documentation in the tool making areas in line with ISO9001:2000 / ISO 13485 requirements and review of the systems with the Process Engineer/Group Leaders and the Quality department on a regular basis to ensure conformance to same.
- Perform additional duties at the request of the direct supervisor.