Temp Snr HR Generalist
Duties & Responsibilities:
A key role within the HR function. The position will report to a member of the HR management team. Responsibilities will include the provision of day to day professional advice and support to individual staff, supervisors and line managers on a broad range of HR related matters including:
- Facilitate resolution of employee relations’ issues
- Represent the Company in any IR issues that may arise. Develop a good relationship with union representatives to proactively address routine issues
- Comprehensive working knowledge of both Irish and related EU employment legislation along with company policy is required.
- Pro-actively monitor and manage attendance. Monitor probationary periods and performance acceleration discussions, including assisting line management with performance management discussions.
- Work with managers to ensure employees have meaningful performance acceleration discussions and development plans and following-through of agreed developmental activities.
- Drive a high performance organisation culture where talent and achievement is recognised and rewarded.
- In this role you will recommend, drive and implement HR projects in support of operational excellence and site goals and strategies.
- You will champion a climate of continuous improvement through the promotion of Lean Sigma projects.
- Take a leadership role in devising HR policies, organisation planning, remuneration and communication initiatives.
- Ensure actions from the employee survey are implemented and continuously reviewed.
- Partner with the central talent acquisition team as needed with regard to headcount management, hiring, and induction.
- Support the HR Manager and client groups in effectively identifying and planning for future talent needs.
- Coach, mentor and develop any direct reports within the HR group, design development plan and schedule accordingly.
Qualifications & Experience:
- The ideal candidate will be educated to Degree level in a HR or related discipline. CIPD qualification or equivalent is a minimum requirement. Post Graduate qualification desirable.
- 6+ years Human Resources Business Partner/Generalist experience, preferably within a multinational operations environment is essential.
- Extensive employee relations experience including experience of handling formal disciplines and grievances cases.
- Proven experience of multi-project management, including knowledge of lean \ six sigma methodologies desirable
- Strong numeric and HR data analysis skills would be highly beneficial particularly relating to compensation & benefits.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office tools essential, previous experience using HR Information Systems e.g. Peoplesoft is advantageous
- The ability to build & maintain excellent relationships at all levels in the organisation.
- Experience of a unionised environment preferable but not essential.
- Highly developed communication and presentation skills.
- Prior people management experience an advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
Adaptability: Readily adapts to competing demands and shifting priorities; maintains composure and patience in difficult
Effective Comunication: Clearly communicates both verbally and in writing; encourages an open exchange of information and viewpoints; actively listens to others.
Judgment: Makes timely and sound decisions based on an accurate analysis of relevant information and the pros and cons of alternatives.
Relationship Building: Builds and maintains positive relationships with coworkers across a variety of functions and locations within the organization.
Results Orientation: Executes effectively to achieve business results; monitors progress, intervening to remove obstacles; demonstrates a sense of urgency for achieving results.
How to Apply
If you feel you meet the necessary requirements for the above role and would like to submit your application, please CLICK HERE.