Temp QC Associate Chemist
Medtronic is an equal opportunities employer. This is a 12 month fixed tern contract.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform routine analytical procedures and assist engineers in test method development and non-routine analyses.
- Lead in method optimisation and Laboratory efficiency.
- Assist in developing systems to transfer products from R&D to manufacturing in an expedient manner while assuring finished product quality and safety.
- Provide technical support to Stability, Research & Development, Receiving & Inspection, Regulator Affairs and the test labs.
- Support team role on projects inside and outside the Laboratory.
- Develop an understanding of the manufacturing process and final products, including terminology associated with the product use and failure modes typically experienced by the customer.
- Analyse other materials as required including samples relating to investigations, development and stability.
- Assist with the introduction of new technologies within the laboratory.
- Compliance to all Analytical Laboratory and all relevant site-wide procedures and practices eg; Safety, GMP etc.
- Train and support new analysts.
- Must have the capability to investigate and troubleshoot problems, determine solutions and develop test specifications if necessary and also maintain appropriate validation documentation and files.
- Interface with clients/partners within Medtronic and write test methods, reports, and memos as needed. Review, create and update documentation.
- Maintain and share technical pharmaceutical knowledge.
- Take lead role in OOS and other Laboratory investigation.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Candidates must possess a 3rd Level qualification in Analytical Chemistry or equivalent.
- Suitable candidate must have a minimum of 2 years+ experience in Validation
and Method Development.
- Proven high level communication skills both verbal and written.
- Demonstrate self motivation and ability to pro-actively prioritise your work schedule.
Quality Orientation: Consistently complies with product/service quality standards; contributes to process improvement through the use of quality tools and measurements; consistently attends to details to ensure accurate, high quality work products.
Innovation: Contributes innovative ideas that lead to positive business results encouraging and adopting new ways of looking at problems, processes and solutions.
Customer focus: Meets customer requirements based on an accurate understanding of their needs and
expectations; acts on customer feedback to improve service.
Judgment: Ability to make timely and sound decisions based on thorough consideration of relevant information and the pros and cons of alternatives
How to Apply:
If you feel you meet the necessary requirements for the above role, and would like to submit your application please CLICK HERE.