Architect with 10+ years. Experience in Financial Services Industry, particularly with payment/batch applications. Fluency with Java and related technologies, demonstrating a strong understanding of OO principals, enterprise architecture and design patterns.
Technical Architect - Maynooth
Sentenial delivers award-winning cloud payment solutions across Europe by reducing the complexity of payment management and offering an array of value added services in an agile service delivery. Our products help organizations of all sizes to lower costs and increase business agility by offering highly scalable, distributed, fault-tolerant payment systems for its customers.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Architect who shares our passion for technology, innovation and excellence to help us enhance our cloud solutions and increase our market-leading position. This role requires the flexibility and aptitude to zoom into fine-grained detail, and the ability to zoom right back out and understand the overall architecture and software stack. The successful candidates will be an integral part of the organisation responsible for driving both functional and non function requirements. You will be driving performance and scalability from software and infrastructure on a large scale – dealing with processing high volume payment files in short windows of time. You will tackle challenging, novel situations every day and will be an integral member of the engineering team.
Sentenial is based in West Dublin/ Maynooth off the M4 motorway. It is highly accessible by car, commuter rail, bus and train. Approximately 25 minutes from Dublin City Centre and 10 minutes from Liffey Valley Shopping Centre.
The role involves:
- Responsibility for the research, design, and development of the architecture in accordance with specified business and architectural requirements.
- Development of highly secure, robust and scalable software.
- Produce architecture design documentation based on the system requirements.
- Investigation of new technologies/concepts and delivery of proof of concepts.
- Liaising with other areas of the organization to provide technical expertise and guidance.
- Driving the Product backlog direction from a non functional requirements perspective
- Responsibility for leading and mentoring developers in delivering the above architecture and subsequent product components that will reside within the architecture.
- Minimum of ten years industry experience, with recent experience in a Senior Architecture role.
- Experience in Financial Services Industry, particularly with payment / batch applications
- BS or higher in Computer Science or an IT related discipline.
- Experience of working on a variety of projects with responsibility for bringing a high level specification through all stages of development and to deliver a quality system.
- Fluency with Java and related technologies, demonstrating a strong understanding of OO principals, enterprise architecture and design patterns.
- Experience with Spring and other Open Source application frameworks
- Experience with deployment and configuration of a J2EE application server, preferably JBoss.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- Strong understanding of best practices in application architecture including security, performance and scalability.
- Strong focus on quality and testing (Unit and Integration testing)
- Strong prototyping ability.
- Ability to coach, mentor and lead at a technical level, adapting an approachable helpful, non judgmental style in leading the development teams.
- Excellent verbal communication, written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Experience in developing secure web applications with attention to authentication, authorization, SSO, PKI, encryption.
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Spring: Core, Security, AOP, WS
- Spring Batch/Integration or other Batch processing frameworks
- JPA, Hibernate
- Web Services: SOAP, REST
- Struts MVC, Spring MVC, AJAX, JQuery, JSP
- XML Processing: SAX, StAX, JAXB, XPath, XSLT
- JMS, JNDI
- JBOSS AS, Oracle
- Experience in development of automated systems
- Experience of working with SCRUM, Kanban and other Agile methodologies.
- Exposure to build tools like maven, ant, continuous integration.
- Ability to develop and promote continuous improvement in software development practices, in a flexible, innovative and communicative manner.
- SEPA knowledge and experience is an advantage.
No assistance required from agencies at this time. Thank you.