Experienced Technical Services Manager required for a busy Contract Research Organisation in the West of Ireland.
Charles River Laboratories is a world leader in contract research. With more than 7,500 employees world-wide we operate in 16 countries. Our business is to provide support to the Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology and Animal Health companies and work as a CRO partner to develop their range of products.
The Irish facility based in Co. Mayo is currently seeking an experienced Technical Services Manager.
Reporting to the Site Director, the Technical Services Manager has responsibility for the management of all technical services for the day to day operation of both sites in compliance with appropriate quality standards (GMP/GLP). This includes management of services, facilities, utilities, validation, calibration and external contractors.
SUMMARY OF MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Overall responsibility for plant, equipment, utilities, security, building services e.g. heating, ventilation and air-conditioning.
- Management of the maintenance and upgrade of existing facilities.
- Management of all external contractor services.
- Responsible for all quality documentation associated with the technical services function.
- Ensure that new equipment is handed over to each department in a complete and validated stage.
- Provide mentoring or technical support to operations staff when preparing validation documentation.
- Responsibility for the preventative maintenance programs, Troubleshooting equipment issues and equipment design/modification as required.
- Write detailed protocols and reports to document the validation of systems/equipment and provide validation reports for facility and utility expansion, compliance upgrades and retrospective validations.
- Maintain appropriate systems for validation documentation and files.
- Work in conjunction with corporate security.
- Ensure compliance at all times with company policy & procedures, our quality systems (GMP/GLP/GCPv) including all external regulatory bodies.
- Responsible for overall facilities budget to include capital spend
- Responsible for client liaison and technical discussions in relation to specific areas of responsibility.
The successful candidate must have
- Five plus years management experience within the maintenance/engineering/utilities/facilities environment of a Medical Device or Pharmaceutical Industry.
- Detailed working knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practice and/or Good Laboratory Practice.
- Have an Engineering Degree or equivalent.
- Previous Experience of managing people.
- IT Skills – MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Strong administration, organizational, documentation and analytical skills.
- Excellent Problem solving skills.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to work to tight timescales.
- Excellent interpersonal skills & communication skills both written and verbal.
- Work closely with Operations and Support Departments to meet the business objectives.