Technical Project Manager requeried. Candidates must be experienced in RBS, AC & DC Power, and Transmission and possess a good overall knowledge of mobile networks.
Technical Project Manager – Job Spec
This role entails assisting project managers, field staff, and the tendering department on technical matters, along with conducting onsite technical activities. Candidates must be experienced in RBS, AC & DC Power, and Transmission and possess a good overall knowledge of mobile networks.
- Provide technical support to project managers on installation and commissioning procedure and specifications, customer and statutory requirements.
- Advise on power (AC & DC) requirements, specifications, and safe working practices.
- Provide second tier support for field teams, trouble shooting, commissioning procedures for 2G and 3G base stations including installation, commissioning and integration.
- Provide second tier support for field teams, trouble shooting, commissioning procedures for PDH microwave links including but not limited to vendors such as Siemens (NSN), Ericsson, Harris Stratex, SIAE, Huaweii, Ceragon.
- Provide second tier support for electrical teams, troubleshooting and commissioning of DC power systems, AC power systems, generator sets and UPS backups.
- Assist with RF planning and configuration of sites, both permanent, temporary and in building.
- Installation, operation and maintenance of Ericsson RBS family (2G, 3G, LTE)
- Troubleshoot and repair existing system including 2G 3G base stations, microwave links, repeaters, DAS systems, power systems, Internetworking of equipment.
- Conduct route cause analysis on faults, failures, accidents and near misses.
- Carry out in site installation and commissioning of 2G 3G base stations, microwave links (IP and TDM), temporary cell sites, power systems, remote fault reporting and logging, Distributed antenna systems (DAS).
- Carry out installation of feeder systems, antennas, microwave dishes (0.3m – 2.4m dia)
- Carryout call testing, coverage plotting, optimisation and evaluation of 2G 3G sites.
- Complete pricing of works such as integrations, installs, upgrades, decommissioning works, alterations and optimisation of 2G and 3G base stations.
- Meet with customers to review performance and resolve technical or quality issues
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Proven experience in RBS, Power, Transmission and mobile infrastructure