Technical Manager JKM1 Multi faceted role will be responsible for developing culture for food safety and quality,in a growing food company.
Technical Manager JKM1
A thriving food manufacturing business are looking for a technical Manager to develop implement and drive a strong culture of food safety.
Reporting in into the site operations manager, this multi faceted role will be responsible for developing culture for food safety and quality, based on strategic objectives and requirements. Supporting the business in achieving its objectives to ensure stability and growth. The successful candidate will also be responsible for managing and overseeing the technical department to ensure that the highest quality standards are being met. They will also promote innovation and work closely with other members of the senior management team in continuing the development of the company while managing costs.
- Set quality standards and ensure that these standards are adhered to
- Ensure that the plant and factory is maintained at the highest level of hygiene
- Liaise with new and existing suppliers to ensure that they meet requirements
- Provide technical support to the sales team and to liaise with customer Q.C. departments
- Oversee the handling of customer complaints
- Maintain the HACCP system and accreditations including BRC
- Assist the production managers on items relating to safety, plant layout, working methods, introduction of new product lines, etc
- To source and recruit staff, initiate training and maximise the skill base and to ensure staff are aware of their performance and responsibilities
- Lead and manage a team of site QA’s
- Ownership on internal and external audit schedules, ensuring effective close out of issues.
- Ownership of the supplier approval programmes.
- Working with suppliers to ensure all RM specifications are correct and up to date
- Working with customers to ensure all Finished product specifications are correct
- Micro and chemical schedule maintenance and completion
Key Skills and Experience required:
- Third level degree in Food Science or a related discipline
- Computer literate
- Passion for food and excitement for bringing viable ideas to life. Taking initiative to develop innovative products and solutions to problems and determination to complete projects and implement change to an agreed schedule
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with others and lead by persuasiveness and good communication
- Ability to think outside the box to improve technical competencies and aid in lean processes.
- Sufficient technical and written skills to perform the job JKM1