Technical Development Laboratory Analyst - Gerard Laboratories. Analytical Chemist
Job Title: Technical Development Analyst
Contract: 6 to 11 months
Reporting to: Technical Development Team Leader(TL)/ Supervisor
- To carry out analytical testing on samples to support the activities of the Technical Development Dept.
- To provide technical support as required by management.
- Perform analytical testing and investigative work utilising HPLC, GC, Particle Size and Dissolution techniques as scheduled by Teamleader (TL)/Supervisor.
- Perform method development and validation of analytical methods
- To troubleshoot problem methods and processes.
- To maintain all laboratory notebooks, records, chromatograms to an acceptable cGLP standard.
- To maintain and follow all relevant Standard Operating Procedures.
- To calibrate and maintain all designated laboratory instruments.
- To bring to the notice of the TL or Supervisor any discrepancies, deviations or non-conformances in testing or work practices.
- To follow current analytical practices with reference to pharmacopoeias, specifications, regulations and industry standards.
- Perform sampling of validation batches.
- To carry out documentation review as required.
- Support the implementation of the Operational Excellence Programme on-site by identifying and implementing improvements.
- Handle Controlled Drugs in accordance with procedures and legal requirements.
- Adhere to all company and legislative health, safety and environmental requirements.
- 3rd level qualification in science related discipline
- At least 3 years industrial experience working in a cGLP/cGMP environment
- Experience in the following analytical techniques is essential: HPLC, GC, Particle Size and Dissolution testing
- Experience in method development and method validation is essential
- Thorough knowledge of all relevant ICH guidelines and Pharmacopoeias
- Strong organisational skills / ability to prioritise work.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills with good attention to detail
- Ability to think logically and be proactive.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative in a constructive manner
- Flexible and self motivated