See Job Description
Requisition ID: ENG003576
MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where MSD has codified its 125-year legacy. MSD�s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
MSD Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that�s committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
The Technical CoE team require a Team Lead to provide expertise and technical support to the Technical CoE team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for Team leading and co-ordination of the Technical CoE personnel and activities. The Technical CoE Team Lead will be responsible for assisting in the effective and efficient running of the Technical CoE Team and will be a member of the wider Technology leadership team.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate a high level of technical leadership, collaboration, and coaching to facilitate the team in becoming a high performance organisation.
- Supervision of area personnel. Develop an effective, focused and strong team by understanding: their abilities, unique contribution and broadening their skill set to be agile and prepared for any future business requirements.
- Contribute to site management operational and strategic initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with cGMP and other business compliance regulations.
- Participate in risk assessments, inspections, audits, incident investigations, etc. and implement and follow-up CAPA�s assigned to you.
- Participate in corporate/regulatory audits.
- Adhere to highest standards for Compliance (Quality and Safety), implement corporate standards and liaise effectively with global groups. Ensure compliance with site EHS policy, cGMP and other business regulations and participate in risk assessments, audits and incident investigations
- Responsible for driving a culture of Continuous Improvement by deploying Merck Six Sigma tools.
- Central to this objective will be the active engagement and communication with all internal and external stakeholders.
- A high level of innovation, enthusiasm and drive will be required to deliver technical excellence for Sterile Technology and Platforms; Vaccines IPT Technology and Platforms; Biologics IPT Technology and Platforms The position requires strong technical knowledge of a broad range of disciplines and proven capability at managing large diverse teams in a regulated environment
- Focus on Customers, Including Patients
- Focus the team on delivering value for customers, including patients, by understanding and meeting their needs.
- Actively listen and seek to understand differing perspectives from project team members; work together to achieve the common goals of the company.
- Act with Candor and Courage
- Speak openly, honestly and with conviction; have the courage to take appropriate risks and make difficult decisions.
- Make Rapid, Disciplined Decisions
- Make timely decisions at the right level with the right data, document decisions and support them once made.
- Drive Results
- Set clear performance standards; overcome obstacles; hold ourselves and others accountable for achieving results.
- Demonstrate Ethics & Integrity
- Adhere to the highest standards of trustworthy and ethical behaviour in all interactions and hold others to the same standards; comply with all laws, policies and regulations; identify and address ethical issues without hesitation.
- Build Talent:
- Build diverse talent with the capabilities necessary to succeed in commercial vaccine manufacture; inspire, reward and develop to ensure individuals reach their potential; make tough calls when necessary.
- At Least 3 years Leadership Experience
- At least 3 years� experience in the Pharmaceutical industry or a similar operating environment which includes significant leadership roles with experience in a front-line supervisory role in operations environment.
- Knowledge of and experience in applying Six Sigma and Lean methodologies.
- Demonstrated leadership and change management skills with a continuous improvement focus.
- Degree or 3rd level qualification (Science/Quality/Technical). Masters preferred.
- Project Management qualification such as, Project Management Professional.
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development.
- Preference Lean Six Sigma Green Belt.
- Demonstrates Inclusion and Merck Leadership behaviours, including integrity, resilience and flexibility.
- Demonstrates the capability to lead a Technical Team
- Demonstrates the ability to hold team members responsible for results
- Realize improvement initiatives
- Demonstrated successes in a team environment such a project teams, Six Sigma team, etc.
- Demonstrated high level of problem solving and facilitation skills
- Advanced PC skills such as MS Office
- Stakeholder management of multi-decision makers, colleagues, peers and cross functional teams
Your role at MSD is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we�re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At MSD, we�re inventing for life. Job:
Engineering GenericOther Locations: Employee Status:
Yes, 5 % of the TimeNumber of Openings: Shift (if applicable): Hazardous Materials: Company Trade Name: