The Lead Technical Architect (LTA) will be responsible for the architecture, definition and realisation of an Enterprise Enrolment solution within Unum Group. This role will have responsibility for defining the solutions technical strategy and roadmap as well as the the supporting infrastructure required to run and manage the system.
The LTA role will provide technical direction for a team of developers to provide an Enterprise Enrollment solution which is a global platform that will serve the needs of Unum Groups three Voluntary Benefits Insurance companies.
This is an opportunity to take a key technical leadership role on a green field product initiative within an expanding technology centre. This key initiative will address the needs of various customers and end users representing a significantly challenging and rewarding role to the successful candidate. The role is aimed at people with strong architecture and technical skills that are looking to work on a strategic, global application to enhance their career in a fast paced and challenging environment.
- Understand complex systems architecture and translate complex business problems into sound technical solutions.
- Ensures that the Enterprise Enrollment solution will conforms to enterprise blueprints and standards
- Experience of reviewing existing systems and identifying and implementing architectural and code improvements to enhance performance, stability and capacity.
- Develops technology road maps, while keeping up-to-date with emerging technologies, and recommends business directions based on these technologies.
- Provides technical leadership and may be responsible for developing components of, or the overall systems design.
- Has strong understanding of service oriented architectures that delivers efficient API’s for external system integration
- Applies software design theories and principles in researching, designing, and developing software interfaces.
- Provides integrated systems planning and recommends innovative technologies that will enhance the current system.
- Recommends appropriate computer platform and communication links required to support IT goals and strategy
- Exhibits good knowledge of how own specialism contributes to the business and good understanding of competitors products and services
- Acts as an advisor or mentor to other development team members.
- Influences the enterprise architecture function by influencing decisions through sound technical advice
- Guides, influences and persuades others with developed communication and diplomacy skills.
- MSc or BSc in an appropriate computing related discipline
- 5+ years in Technical Architecture
- 10+ years in Software Development environment.
- Experienced systems architect with broad understanding of all the components of large Service Oriented Architecture.
- Knowledge of systems architecture principles, patterns and methodologies and demonstrate expertise in a variety of system technology concepts
- Experience of designing complex software products.
- Experience of a financial services environment is an advantage.
- Experience of interacting with a demanding customer-base at senior levels and ensuring credibility is maintained through solid delivery against commitments
- Strong Web Services, Web Services security, SOA, Design Patterns
- Business Intelligence/Analytics Architecture and Concepts
- Experience of working within-in a multi-cultural and remote team structure.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to multi-task effectively in a high-volume environment
- Customer orientated
- Ability to use own initiative and take lead to devise creative solutions
- Commitment to quality and attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical approach
- Strong controls orientation
- Strong influencing skills and ability to work in an environment where priorities are frequently changing
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Able to influence effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to anticipate problems and take decisive action, giving regard to impact to both development teams and key stakeholders.
To apply for this position please follow the link provided below: