Team Supervisor – Co. Louth - D004910
Recruitment Plus on behalf of our clients based in Co. Louth is currently recruiting for a Team Supervisor. Hit the apply now button and Zuzana will be in contact if you are suitable.
Team Supervisor – Co. Louth - D004910
Recruitment Plus on behalf of our clients based in Co. Louth is currently recruiting for a Team Supervisor. The Team Supervisor will manage the activities of a group of employees ensuring that the team meets established production specifications in relation to safety, delivery, quality and cost. They will maintain consistent and smooth flow of the assembly lines/work areas and production processes, in line with the agreed TAKT time and KPIs coupled. Ideal candidate will come with good people management / supervisory experience.
Description of the role:
- Take responsibility for the day to day management of the assigned team.
- Ensure personnel compliance to company policies and procedures.
- Complete daily pre-production meetings to review safety, quality and production issues with their teams.
- Management of overtime in line with company expectations / strategy.
- Identify safety, quality and production related issues, assist with root cause analysis and validate agreed corrective actions.
- Proactively work to eliminate waste and add value to our processes.
- Observance of standard work and update performance tracking at each station from a safety, quality and productivity perspective.
- Assist in the interview process of new employees designated for area of responsibility.
- Review the relevant skills requirements and liaise with the Training Officer to identify training needs, ensure personnel availability for relevant training and monitor the effectiveness of the training received.
- Ensure new personnel receive the appropriate training, are assessed appropriately and are approved to continue employment with the business after an initial on-boarding period.
- Organisation and training of team members to ensure cover planned / unplanned absences, eg: through job rotation.
- Complete PDP Lite sessions with their personnel and assess competency for salary scale progression (when introduced).
- Ensure that all personnel adhere to the Company Health and Safety standards and take appropriate action when required.
- Where necessary enact necessary disciplinary processes in conjunction with the HR team and participate in further escalation process as required.
- Knowledge and understanding of assembly methods for mechanical, electrical and hydraulic components.
- Familiar with the development and implementation of work instructions.
- Proven ability to motivate and manage personnel.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Proven ability to work on own initiative, to come up with solutions and problem solve.
- A clear focus, understanding and desire to drive improvement across Safety, Quality and Production.
- A desire to learn and a genuine interest in self-development.
- Commitment to the on-going training and assessment which will support this role.
- Experience with liaising with various departments such as engineering, logistics.
- Strong time management and organisational skills.
- Previous experience of leading a team in a medium / high volume manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing – Takt time, Line Balancing etc.
- PC literate – familiarisation with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Evidence of self-development / further education.
- Leadership and motivation.
- Good communication skills, written and verbal.
- Ability to foster good relations and teamwork for ongoing improvement.
- Disciplined and goal orientated.
- Flexible and open to change.
Please hit the apply now button above and Zuzana who is based in our Dundalk office will be in contact if you are suitable.
Unfortunately, Recruitment Plus is not in a position to respond to each individual application due to the high volume of submissions. We will only contact those candidates whose CV matches the criteria for the vacancy. Thank you for your patience.
At RecruitmentPlus, we respect your privacy. Your CV is sent to us in complete confidence and will never be forwarded to a third party without your consent.