Sentenial are hiring! Check out our website at www.sentenial.com
Systems Manger - Maynooth
An immediate need exists for a Systems Manager who will be responsible for running Sentenial’s technical operations team. Using custom built technologies along with open-source tools, our Technical Operations teams keep Sentenial’s customer-facing products running, robust, and secure 24x7x365.
- Leading a small team who are responsible for planning, architecture design, and implementation of a highly-available 24 x 7 system and also all of the internal company systems and network.
- Analyzing and improving availability, efficiency, capacity, scalability, security and performance of said infrastructure.
- Monitoring of production applications, including designing and implementing automated methods to monitor production applications.
- Providing technical Leadership to team members.
- Ability to set KPI's and measurement parameters for the team
- BS in Computer Science or an IT related discipline
- Minimum of eight years industry experience in Linux Systems Administration
- Experience with working with 24 x 7 production environments and with building highly-available and scalable systems
- Good knowledge of Open Source Technologies
- Good knowledge of monitoring, alerting and systems planning.
- Experience with at least three of the following technologies:
- Linux (preferably Red Hat)
- Bash Scripting
- Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal communication, written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Experience of managing a team.
- Experience of working with secure protocols and methods (https, ssh, sftp, ftps, pgp).
- Experience/ knowledge of Financial / Payment Applications is an advantage
No assistance required from agencies at this time. Thank you.