windows administrator - email@example.com
This role is for a dynamic and enthusiastic consultant/systems administrator who enjoys working with customers and internal staff alike. She or he will be a solid team player and superb communicator who knows how to deliver excellence in both project and support work.
Based within our Networks and Systems team this role is responsible for providing systems administration as well as working with customers to enhance current systems and develop projects to implement new solutions.
The ideal candidate should be a self-starter looking to join a fast paced, multidiscipline team that provides project, customer and internal support at Version 1.
• 3+ years Microsoft Server (2003, 2008) administration experience
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft AD – Windows Server 2003/2008 – design and troubleshooting
• Strong troubleshooting skills of MS Exchange 2007/2010, Cluster Services, IIS, Hyper-V, SCCM, SCOM, WSUS etc.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Networking (DHCP, DNS, WINS, etc.)
• Knowledge of storage environments (SAN, NAS) – design, implementation and trouble shooting
• Ability to automate working using scripting languages: Power Shell, VBScripts
• Documentation processes and procedures
• Disaster recovery and site replication experience
• Ability to work well with customers and in a cross-team environment and to mentor within teams
• Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills
• Microsoft Certification at least MCSA on server products
• Linux skills and experience to administrator level a distinct advantage
• VMware experience an advantage
• Familiarity with monitoring tools such as Nagios or MRTG/Cacti
• Solid experience with multi-server environments and deployments
• Ability to gather requirements, design and implement appropriate solutions
• Strong process oriented experience in terms of implementation and completion – ITIL certification