We are looking for a Support Worker who will work directly with clients and as part of a team, provide a safe, secure environment.
€28,500 - 35,940Facility:
Full-time, 12-month fixed term Benefits:
About the work:
- Fulfilling and Challenging work
- Competitive Salaries
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Minimum 23 days Annual Leave plus good Friday and an additional Good Will day each year
- Defined Contribution Pension Scheme (after 6 months)
- Death In Service (from commencement of employment)
- Learning and Development Programme
- Paid Family Leave and Educational Assistance
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Health & Wellness Programme
- Support workers should ensure that day to day operation of the service is run smoothly and in accordance with organisation procedure
- Work with all clients and win their trust and respect and deal with difficult or problematic situations in a sensitive manner within the framework of the organisation's policies and record such incidents as appropriate
- Work within the policies of MQI, both organisation wide and project specifically in order to ensure that a consistent delivery of service and quality standards is adhered to in the project
- Share responsibility to work cohesively where applicable with CE Participants and Volunteers for the delivery of this service and to act as a mentor to those who are working/volunteering in the service
- Reporting to the Service Coordinator for individual support, supervision, performance appraisal working within the parameters of the MQI Policies, the National Standards for better Healthcare, Rebuilding Ireland, HR and H&S policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with organisation policies to ensure consistent delivery of services and maintenance of quality standards including Fire, Health and Safety, Confidentiality, Needs assessment, Key Working, Care Planning, Boundaries, The National Standards for better Healthcare and Rebuilding Ireland
- Relevant third level 7 or above qualification in Social Work and at least one-year full-time or equivalent experience of working within low threshold services
- Have an understanding of the issues relating to alcohol and drug use/homelessness and mental health, and experience of client work in these areas and the interventions required
- Good Knowledge of relevant legislation, policy and practice regarding homelessness and/or drug use.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills
- Experience of Key Working and care planning an advantage
- Experience of working with clients with multiple needs
- Experience of working with homeless specific databases and reporting
Does it sound like you?
Send your updated CV now to subject line 'Support Worker' or call Meadhbh on (01) 8783335 for more details.