Stores Manager/Inventory Controller based in Co. Leitrim.
Matrix Recruitment Group is currently seeking a Stores Manager/Inventory Controller to be based in with our global manufacturing company in the North West. This is a permanent job.
As the Stores Manager/Inventory Controller you will be responsible for the maintenance of storerooms. Monitoring/replenishment of inventories levels, and purchasing of service goods and MRO products for the plant. You will have control of the Storerooms and ensuring it is fully automated and KPI’s are met.
- Lead the Stores function including supporting the stores and procurement resources, delivering on annual KPI’s.
- Timely ordering of non-bulk raw materials, chemicals, ancillary items and packaging items, in order to balance available storage with production requirements.
- Expediting stock orders, and ensuring appropriate measures are in place to follow up on outstanding stock purchase orders.
- Maintains up to date data basis with inventory and purchasing records, price changes, part numbers and part descriptions.
- Inventory management including reviewing and maintaining stock by means of: Cycle counting, good receipts and issues, review for obsolete stock, review for over-stocked inventory, review for slow moving parts, good inwards & goods outward procedures, correct storage and maintenance, Insurance and Environmental spares.
- Document all movements IN and OUT of the storeroom correctly and accurate, a full audit trail of record keeping can be proven.
- Implement an automated inventory stock system.
- Lead and manage the purchasing and negotiation of goods and services both strategically and day to day including supplier and vendor selection, setting up of single source suppliers, contract management, price negotiations
- Working with Maintenance, Engineering and Manufacturing with strategic sourcing and guidance expertise.
- Lead strategic sourcing projects and collaborate with department managers on continuous improvement projects and opportunities; support plant wide project teams on continuous improvement efforts.
- Management of a purchasing function dealing with non-stock goods and services, including service contracts, required for the efficient functioning of Plant Maintenance and Operations systems, sourcing, negotiation and placing of Purchase Orders.
- Business or Engineering Qualification.
- At least 5 years working in a large manufacturing company responsible for the maintenance of a busy storeroom. Experience in inventory management, strategic sourcing/procurement of MRO products.
- Management and implementation of systems and process improvement
- You must have experience working on Computerised systems and excel
- Exposure to continuous improvement or six sigmas.
- Experience in Leading Project Teams
- People management experience
Our highly experienced Breda Dooley is here to help find the right job for you. Apply now or get in touch on 09064 90485 for more information.