We are looking for an experienced Technical Lead to lead a mainframe development team.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Lead to lead a mainframe development team. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the overall delivery and individual performance of the team and for ensuring customer expectations are fulfilled. The candidate must have excellent communication and analytical skills and be confident in a customer-facing environment.
The technical lead will act as the intermediary between the team and business and technical partners and must have considerable experience in the core mainframe skillsets of COBOL , JCL and DB2.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to :
- Providing project plans, status updates and estimates to business partners.
- Building a close working relationship with business partners in order to understand requirements and ensure delivery is optimized.
- Understanding the technical environment and how customer needs are serviced.
- Being flexible and able to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities.
- Providing input to the overall technology strategy and implementing strategic change.
- Providing technical oversight and support to the team as required.
- Ensuring compliance with process and quality standards.
- Ensuring that all SLAs are managed to customer expectations.
- Providing guidance to the team through the development, testing and implementation stages and reviewing the completed work effectively.
- Providing direction and technical expertise in design, development and systems integration.
- Leading, coaching, mentoring and motivating project team members on a proactive basis.
- Ensuring all documentation is available, complete and accurate for reporting and audit purposes.
- Planning for succession and contingencies.
- Paticipating in Production Support on-call rota as required.
The ideal candidate must be educated to diploma/degree level and have the following technical skills and experience:
- The candidate must have a solid background working in a formalized SDLC process. Requirements analysis and presenting effort estimates and project plans for component development, unit testing, defect resolution, and production support to the customer will be party of the job responsibilities.
- The candidate must be capable of assessing complex situations and quickly arriving at technically sound solutions.
- Proactive individual with strong technical ability and initiative that can meet customer needs while at the same time thinking ahead to introduce creative ideas aimed at increased efficiency and process improvements.
- Excellent communications & analytical skills, both oral and written. The candidate must be able to communicate with individuals of varying technical expertise and be able to interact with developers, database administrators and other business and technical resources working in disparate geographic locations and will need to possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and able to handle multiple tasks. Proven ability to be a self starter, and the ability to demonstrate initiative, team skills, and hard work.
- 5+ years Cobol – Essential.
- 5+ years DB2 – Essential.
- 5+ years MVS JCL – Essential.
- 5+years TSO /ISPF – Essential.
- Changeman – Advantageous.
- Fileaid – Advantageous.
- Expediter – Advantageous.
- Microsoft Project – Advantageous.