Experienced Cyber Security Analyst required for exciting role in a growing Cyber Security hub.
Senior Cyber Security Incident Management Analyst
Harvey Nash have partnered with a Global Financial Services client to recruit for a Senior Cyber Security Incident Management Analyst to join their Security team.
Your role will encompass communicating cybersecurity incidents to key stakeholders across the enterprise as well as being the main interface between the customer and the cybersecurity groups. You will be the subject matter expert responsible for coordinating cyber security incidents.
- Coordinate response efforts to cyber security incidents caused by internal and external threats.
- Assess the severity of cyber security incidents and the impact on the businesses.
- Work with other teams in to identify sources of external incidents and propose controls to minimize the risk of future incidents.
- Develop standard operating procedures for managing all types of incidents and work with other security teams to develop improved incident management capabilities (technical, process, and people).
- Provide technical expertise to support business unit security teams including the understanding of forensic analysis of network traffic, network packets and log files.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Experienced in managing cyber security incidents.
- A solid understanding of common threats, penetration/intrusion techniques and attack vectors.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, presentation, and problem solving skills.
- Proficient with commonly used incident response tools, logging, and SIEM technologies.
- Proficient in taking threat models and applying effective cyber security monitoring strategies.
- An understanding of data security and privacy laws and regulations and the design, implementation, and practical use of data protection technologies such as data loss prevention, digital rights management, encryption and access control.
Education and Experience
- 3+ years of Information Security experience.
- Working knowledge of operating systems (Windows/Linux) and networking technologies.
- An understanding of how malicious code operates and how vulnerabilities are exploited.
If you are interested in this position or want to learn more you can contact Gary for a confidential chat at 01 674 1425 or apply directly.