The Clyde Court Hotel is recruiting for a Sous Chef. Must have experience in a similar position in 4 /5* hotel operations. Experience in large scale banqueting preferred.
The Clyde Court Hotel are currentlty recruiting for an experienced Sous Chef to join our team
Reporting to the Head Chef the successful candidate will be required to ensure the day-to-day operations are carried out in line with department and Hotel standards providing quality service to our guests in accordance with statutory, health and safety requirements at all times. Prepare and cook food in accordance with the hygiene and safety standards as set down by the Hotel.
With the Head Chef manage all activities in the kitchen, including production, stewarding and anagement of food production staff
- Maximise guest satisfaction by providing the highest food quality consistent with cost control and profitability margins of the hotel kitchen
- Assures adherence to the Hotel standards of food quality, preparation, recipes, and presentation.
- Assures proper staffing and adequate supplies for all stations.
- Overseas all food production.
- Co-ordinates activities and communicates priorities to ensure correct preparation and delivery time to provide food for functions a la carte groups, breakfast and room service.
- Maintains product consistency by conducting inspections of seasonings, portions, and food appearance and
- To ensure SOP’s for all dishes are set and implemented.
- Overseas inventory disbursement of all food supplies.
- In the absence of the head chef controls and order all fresh products and all food supplies.
- Controls all dry storage items required by the kitchen and related departments to ensure correct quality and stock.
- Monitors and facilitates communications between kitchen production and service staff.
- Assures proper safety hygiene and sanitation are followed.
- Co-ordinates operation of kitchen with other food and beverage departments.
- Together with the Head Chef and General Manager make suggestions for sales promotions with food and beverage and to increase sales.
- Ensures that prices and portions are offered in accordance with food and beverages profit objectives.
- Manages all food production staff and the kitchen porters.
- Utilises leadership skills and motivation to maximise employee productivity and satisfactions.
- Challenges employees to achieve optimum quality while minimising cost. Monitors departments overall services
interaction with other departments and team work daily and takes action to improve.
Experience: The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a number of years experience in a similar role within hotels.
Salary: Dependant on experience
- Previous experience as a Sous Chef/Junior Sous Chef in a busy 4/5* hotel kitchen
- Extensive knowledge of good food handling, food standards and presentation.
- Excellent leadership, organisational, communication and motivational skills
- Sound knowledge and passion for food
- Thorough working knowledge of HACCP
- Thorough working knowledge of kitchen management
- Must have a good level or spoken and written English