Software Test Engineer
Unum is a company of people serving people. As one of the world's leading employee benefits providers and a Fortune 250 company, Unum helps protect more than 25 million working people and their families in the event of illness or injury and offers professionals every possibility for growth. Whether we're helping customers or building careers, we're experts at creating the kind of advantages that help people reach their goals.
Join a winning team! Unum's Business Technology organization is made up of 1,400+ talented, forward-thinking IT and Business professionals. We value individual strengths, innovation, leadership, collaboration and strong partnerships. We offer defined career paths as well as on-going training and development opportunities. As an organisation, we contribute to the achievement of Unum's strategic goals through the delivery of smart, innovative technology solutions
The software test engineer is responsible for delivering high quality testing results through solid technical and analytical skills in support of strategic cross functional projects. The incumbent will develop and execute test plans, test scripts and document and resolve defects. Types of testing includes, but not limited to the following: functional, integrated, user acceptance, unit and string, performance and regression testing. A significant understanding of testing methodologies and processes, along with the ability to develop constructive feedback regarding testing results will be a primary component of the day to day function of the Quality Assurance Analyst role. In partnership with the Quality Assurance Test Lead, incumbent will implement new testing processes for cross functional areas; therefore, responsible for understanding testing methodologies and adhering to testing standards as defined.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain test scripts (primarily manual with increased exposure to automated testing processes and tools) necessary to support cross functional area and system operations.
- Perform necessary research and analysis required to resolve testing defects (document errors, communicate with functional business area and IT and retest as appropriate).
- Provide input and begin to help drive design or data processing flow to deliver quality results (actively support test driven requirements and development).
- Assist with the development of testing suites to support systems design on all projects affecting systems owned by the cross functional area.
- Document testing results as defined by the testing methodology; meeting all test deliverables and requirements.
- Document testing procedures to ensure that quality testing is being completed.
- May perform other duties as assigned, e.g. assist with the design and development of test reports to support testing and quality visibility.
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to develop testing scripts for both business and IT testing
- Data workflow and procedure knowledge of complex systems
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills for cross functional areas and data processing
- Strong knowledgeable with Testing Mercury tools (e.g. Test Director)
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
- Takes accountability for delivering quality results
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Bachelor of Science Degree or equivalent required
- Minimum of 4 years relevant experience essential
- A working knowledge of Agile Development Methodologies
Unum offers world-class training and development, generous compensation and benefits packages, and a culture built on employee ideas.
To Apply for this vacancy please click on the following link