The successful candidate will be part of the ADTECH Ad Delivery team working on real time technology that will serve as the foundation for the ADTECH product suite well into the future.
The successful candidate will be part of the ADTECH Ad Delivery team working on real time technology that will serve as the foundation for the ADTECH product suite well into the future. The ADTECH Development group creates platforms and applications that enable large web publishers to manage, serve and evaluate virtually any kind of online advertising campaign including display, video and mobile formats.
The ideal candidate will be expected to actively contribute with idea sharing, brainstorming sessions, etc. so as to contribute creatively - not just through execution. They must also be team-oriented, possess a positive attitude and work well with others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
As a software engineer with experience in Erlang and OTP, you would be responsible for designing and developing a large scale distributed real time environment. Your responsibilities will include designing and developing new features and functionalities in Erlang.
- Research, design, development, test and support of Erlang based software
- Architect and develop scalable, distributed solutions for emerging platform features
- Develop solutions using distributed concurrent programming, software packaging and release
- Write code in Erlang and occasionally in other languages such as C++ and Java
- Sound understanding of Object Oriented Analysis & Design principles, and service oriented architecture
- Ability to work independently and deliver on schedule with little supervision
- Ability to comprehend and communicate in a complex technical environment
- Display a history of creativity, innovative thought, awareness of current technical trends and high levels of motivation
- Several years of experience developing software, preferably in an agile environment
- Excellent programming skills in Erlang
- Experience with Mnesia, MySQL
- Knowledge of relational databases and concepts
- Experience with other Programming languages such as C++ and Java
- Solid comprehension of TCP/IP stack and networking concepts
- Knowledge of Distributed Computing, and revision control software
- Experience with Linux highly desirable
- Experience with Agile Methods, including Test Driven Development
- Experience of planning, estimating and leading a team is an advantage
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field,
- 4-6 years of experience in software development,
- Relevant combination of education and experience.