,Net Software Engineer, Carlow based
Unum is a company of people serving people. As one of the world's leading employee benefits providers and a Fortune 250 company, Unum helps protect more than 25 million working people and their families in the event of illness or injury and offers professionals every possibility for growth. Whether we're helping customers or building careers, we're experts at creating the kind of advantages that help people reach their goals.
Join a winning team! Unum's Business Technology organization is made up of 1,400+ talented, forward-thinking IT and Business professionals. We value individual strengths, innovation, leadership, collaboration and strong partnerships. We offer defined career paths as well as on-going training and development opportunities. As an organisation, we contribute to the achievement of Unum's strategic goals through the delivery of smart, innovative technology solutions
Responsible for formulating and defining system scope and objectives through research and fact finding to develop or modify basic to moderately complex business application systems. Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written. Designs, codes, tests, debugs, documents and maintains those programs. Competent to work on most phases of systems analysis and programming activities, but requires instruction and guidance in other phases. This is an intermediate level position that works under general direction of a Systems Manager, Project Manager or Sr. Software Engineer analyst. Work is of a relatively basic to moderately complex nature.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Designs relatively basic to moderately complex programs under general supervision.
- Develops specifications for moderately complex programs and program modifications under general supervision.
- Codes moderately complex programs and modifications to programs from specifications under general supervision.
- Develops test plans and tests programs and modifications to programs assigned under general supervision.
- Documents programs and program modifications assigned under general supervision.
- Resolves most production problems with general supervision.
- Understands technical environments for development and production support for assigned applications.
- Understands the business process supported by the assigned application.
- Actively participates in transfer of knowledge and/or mentoring in support of a strong team focused environment.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to code from specifications
- Proactive thinking, analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Familiar with the project management methodologies and associated terminology
- Experience of quality management systems and certifications, such as, ISO and CMM highly desirable
- Minimum 5 years similar experience.
- Appropriate third level qualification
To apply for this vacancy please click on the following link:
Unum offers world-class training and development, generous compensation and benefits packages, and a culture built on employee ideas.