Version 1 are hiring an experienced Sharepoint Technical Architect to join ur SP consulting team in Dublin. See irish jobs for full details.
Where does this role fit in to Version 1?
- Version 1 is an established IT Services & Consultancy company, which has operated successfully for over 16 years. We recently won ICT Company of the Year, Microsoft Partner of the Year 2011 and Great Place to Work 2012
- Due to on-going expansion, we have an exciting new role for an experienced Sharepoint Architect to work as part of Version 1's Business Application Solutions Practice. You will be part of our Information Worker team, responsible for the broad spectrum of SharePoint solutions, across a diverse range of industries including, public sector, financial services, commerial, pharma etc.
- This Information Worker Team is responsible for the design, development and deployment of web applications based on Sharepoint/.NET technology
Tell me about the role – what will I be doing on a daily basis?
- The role will require you to conceptualize, construct, test and implement integrated solutions, and/or distributed computing solutions for the customer and the organization
- You will have responsibility for designing, implementing and executing technical solutions in SharePoint
- Working on a mix of greenfield and existing SharePoint systems, you will work either at part of a team or stand alone, (depending on project scope and size)
- Interacting with our customers, you will gain a thorough understanding of the business environment, technical context and organisational strategic direction
- Using your consulting skills, you will define, scope and plans deliverables and gather business requirements, translating them into top class SharePoint Solutions
- This will involve identifying, defining and organising detailed user and systems requirements to ensure the SharePoint solutions meet the customer needs and expectations
- With an ability to articulate the solution, you will develop and deliver internal and external presentations to various levels
- As the projects progress, you will lead design reviews to ensure optimum solution delivery, performing benefit analysis for IT solutions and calculating business value
- You will also have responsibility for leading solution implementation and delivery
- Collaborating with sale teams, you will assist with some pre-sales support, responding to RFPs, meeting with customers to present Version 1's offerings and solutions, and scoping/estimating effort
- Being a key senior member of Version 1’s Information Worker team, you will mentor other team members & provide coaching junior team members
- You will contribute to Version 1’s active SharePoint Community of Practice and contribute to our knowledge sharing forum
What skills do I need to succeed in this job?
- Minimum of 6+ years enterprise development experience in the Microsoft SharePoint Platform, with at least 3-4 years’ operating as SharePoint Architect
- Proven track record in Architecting SharePoint solutions, working on multiple SharePoint projects
- Technologies experience includes;
- C#, ASP.NET
- Web Services, WCF
- Microsoft Certified (In SharePoint 2010)
- Experience / exposure to SharePoint 2013
- Designing SharePoint Farm Topologies according to Best Practice
- Proven knowledge and experience with: development methodologies, Enterprise integration and software development patterns
- Proven experience in troubleshooting, at least one large custom development project (i.e. turnaround experience) is required
- Flexibility to travel to customer sites is required
What other attributes will I need to be successful?
- As this role involves closely working with stakeholders, excellent technology consulting / client interfacing skills are essential
- You will have a proven track record of working effectively within a diverse team of technical and business stakeholders
- You will possess superbly honed presentation, consultative and relationship skills and have solid experience in preparing detailed documentation, with a keen eye for detail
- Being a well-versed consultant, you will have gained an ability to understand business processes and drivers
About Version 1
- Version 1 is Ireland’s leading IT Consulting and Outsourced Managed Services Company
- 100% Irish owned and run, we have over 340 IT professionals in offices across Dublin, Cork and Belfast
- We offer IT Solutions, Consulting and Managed Services to over 200 blue chip customers, covering Utilities, Public, Financial, Pharmaceutical, Retail, Education and Health sectors
- Having achieved 30% growth year on year for the last three years, Version 1 works with over sixty pieces of technology including; OpenSource, Microsoft, Oracle, Business Intelligence, Infrastructure Consulting and many more
- Our Technical Expertise combined with our unique set of Core Values, Company Culture and a Brilliant Team of dedicated IT Professionals, has made Version 1 the most successful indigenous Irish IT Consulting & Managed Services company
What can Version 1 offer me?
- This is a great opportunity to progress your career with a Microsoft Gold Partner
Our multiple awards and industry accreditations include;
- Microsoft County Partner
- Oracle Platinum Partner
- Amazon Consulting Partner
- Great Place to Work 2012
- Deloitte Best Managed Company
Working with Version 1 gives you;
- A competitive remuneration package
- Unparalleled opportunities to a rewarding & diverse career path (vertical & horizontal)
- An experienced technical SharePoint peer group
- Access to our Version 1 SharePoint Community of Practice, who meet regularly to evaluate latest SharePoint innovations & updates and share knowledge/best practice
What are you waiting for - Come work for Version 1
By registering your application you have agreed that the information contained in your application may be used by Version 1 to confirm references, verify educational background and for any other purpose regarding your application for our recruitment requirements. You agree that your personal details may be held and processed both electronically and manually for the purposes of recruitment administration. If your application is unsuccessful, we may hold your application and the information contained. The purpose of this storage is to enable us to provide feedback to you on applications and to enable us to facilitate further applications. In terms of the Data Protection Act 2003 you are entitled to a copy of certain personal data held by us whether manual records or on computer on submission of a written request. Occasionally we will contact you to update our records for accuracy.