Mercer is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement and investments. Mercer helps clients around the world advance the health, wealth and performance of their most vital asset – thei...
Mercer is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement and investments. Mercer helps clients around the world advance the health, wealth and performance of their most vital asset – their people. Mercer's 20,000 employees are based in more than 40 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global team of professional services companies offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital.
In Ireland, Mercer employs over 550 employees in offices based in Dublin and Cork.
The position will necessitate communication between the successful candidate and participants in the various share schemes, stockbrokers and HR departments of the client companies.
The unit looks after the administration of approx 160 share schemes. The majority of clients include some of Mercer largest pension clients. Each administrator has responsibility for between 15 to 23 schemes.
Report to: Michelle Boyle
Team Size: 3
- Administration of a portfolio of schemes varying in size and demand
- Purchase, sale and transfer of shares
- Payment of dividends
- Management of corporate actions including stock splits, takeovers and mergers
- Management of receipts and payments of funds
- Other ad hoc tasks which may arise in the day to day administration of a scheme
- A degree in Business Studies or a related discipline
- Experience in a Financial Services /Accountancy firm is desirable
- Excellent communication and numerical skills
- Ability to work on own initiative as part of a team
- Ability to work to strict deadlines under pressure
- A high degree of flexibility
- Proficiency in Word and Excel
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhausted list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Mercer voted 15 of 300 Graduate Employers in Ireland- gradireland Graduate Recruitment Awards 2009