SERVICE MANAGER – BASED IN WATERFORD.Codico
SERVICE MANAGER – BASED IN WATERFORD.
Codico, Ireland’s leading Industrial Coding and Marking Solutions provider has a vacancy within our Service Division. We have a large installed base and supply technical and service support to a wide range of blue chip manufacturing companies.
We are inviting applications from suitably qualified persons to head up our Service Department. The successful candidate will take responsibility for the day to day running of a busy service area. The role will include the scheduling of engineers, customer liaison, problem solving and front line support. It will also include working to agreed budgets and performance indicators. Educational qualifications together with experience will be taken into account; excellent IT skills and a technical aptitude are desirable.
- Lead team members, foster their professional development and growth, and promote teamwork and cooperation.
- Ensure that the productivity goals for the team are met, including service level, utilization and customer satisfaction. Manage the operational requirements of the customer on a daily basis.
- Review information received from all data sources. Review and take appropriate action.
- Manage labour and non-labour costs to ensure business profitability.
- Provide leadership and guidance to Service Team in administering company policies and standards. Ensure that standards and practices are consistently maintained.
- Act as an escalation point for employee relations, and customer issues. Manage conflict and problem resolution for both types of situations.
- Resolve personnel issues in a professional and timely manner. Escalate all disciplinary actions in accordance with company policy and ensure consistency.
- Provide leadership by maintaining an awareness of industry standards and sharing information with the account.
- Maintain open communication with all personnel. Act as a resource for answering questions, resolving product and policy questions
- Prepare and process annual performance appraisals notes of Service Team on time. Liaise with Personnel on the appraisal process within the Service team ensuring reviews are processed on time. Establish or maintain achievable goals to effectively increase the technical, communication, and customer service skills.
- Conduct one-on-ones with each Engineer to ensure policy and procedure understanding and compliance. Act as a resource for staff professional development and work to ensure expected quality and productivity levels.
- Conduct Team Meetings with Service Team to ensure expedient communication of relevant information and as an open forum for input from team.
- Work with other departments and colleagues to ensure effective working relationships across the organization.
- Stay current on internal work processes, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for preparing and delivering monthly and quarterly Management reports.
- Responsible for maintaining professional relationships with Business Directors and clients.
- Responsible for understanding and working with the client’s statement of work.
- Responsible for contributing to the client invoice process and adhering to finance’s invoice schedule.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with all company and team policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
A Knowledge of the industrial coding & marking industry would be preferable but not essential.
- Excellent leadership & communication skills
- Proven organizational skills and a focus on attention to detail.
- Skill in providing an exceptional customer experience
- Skill in interpreting and addressing customer needs.
- Able to manage multiple projects and tasks effectively.
- Knowledge of PC applications.
- Excellent problem solving experience and decision making abilities.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and customers.
- Ability to work with minimal guidance or supervision in a time critical environment.
- Ability to be flexible and quickly adapt to changing business needs and processes.
- Ability to motivate and mentor team, presenting new opportunities and challenges for additional development to achieve desired results.
- Effective management skills that demonstrate the ability to balance business goals and results with staff developmental needs. Specific examples of staff development through skill development programs a plus.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role.
- Third level qualification desirable
- Min 3 years at management level.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to think and plan strategically and cross functionally
The purpose of this job description is to provide a concise statement of the major responsibilities of this position in a standardised format. It is not intended to describe all elements of the work that may be performed and should not serve as the sole criteria for personnel decisions and actions.
Please apply with full CV by clicking on the Apply link below