Service Desk Operations Manager Reporting To: Senior Manager, Service Desk Job responsibilities Overall Purpose: The role of Service Desk Operations Manager is to develop, lead and motivate a...
Service Desk Operations Manager
Reporting To: Senior Manager, Service Desk
Overall Purpose: The role of Service Desk Operations Manager is to develop, lead and motivate a team of Service Desk agents to deliver excellent technical support with outstanding customer service. The successful candidate will supervise and oversee the day to day operations of their team working closely with frontline service providers to ensure that they have the resources needed to perform their duties efficiently. Ensure that all incidents and service requests reported are recorded and monitored. Ensure that the Service Desk is meeting its Service Level Agreement (SLA) commitments.
- Manage a team of Service Desk agents along with your Service Desk Coach.
- Ensure prompt, accurate status and feedback of all incidents and service requests to customers and management.
- Monitor SLA compliance.
- Produce and circulate daily reports/statistics and perform trend analysis to alleviate recurring incidents experienced by customers.
- Ensure that Service Desk Agents have the resources needed to resolve as many incidents and service requests as possible.
- Develops and maintain Service Desk procedures based on ITIL best practices and ensures that procedures are followed.
- Work with Service Desk Senior Manager to monitor and evaluate the performance of Service Desk and staff.
- Work with Service Desk training to develop training plans for Service Desk agents.
- Ensure correct staffing levels maintained: plan rosters; approve & schedule annual leave; arrange sickness cover and shift breaks.
- Provide leadership, motivation, coaching and development to all team members
- Provide Service Desk back-up in emergency situations, including call taking, absence cover etc.
- Resolve daily issues of a complex scope that impact the team and overall business objectives.
- Maintain a high level of employee morale within the team.
- Undertake new service and/or continuous improvement projects on an on-going basis.
- Adhere to/improve all internal and customer quality standards.
- Cover Service Desk On-Call on a rotation basis.
Education/Skills Required: Minimum Education: IT/Business Degree or relevant years experience in a contact centre environment Ideally, MCP/CNE & ITIL v3 Foundation. 1-2 Years people management experience with proven track record of delivering on objectives and focus on customer service. Experience working in a bilingual multi-channel environment including Phone, chat and email is a distinct advantage Competencies:
Bilingual – French/English – An advantage but not essential.
- Customer Focused
- Problem Solving
- Technical Skills
- Goal Setting
- Leadership and accountability
- Reward and recognise beneficial outcomes
- Building the best teams
- Team Building skills
- People Management skills
- Excellent communication skills