Senior Quantity Surveyor with 8+ years Main Contractor experience required to work for a Tier 1 based in Denmark working on a MEGA Industrial project. Excellent on offer to the right candidate
Senior Quantity Surveyor | Denmark
- Large international market leading main contractor with significant annual turnover
- Excellent package and career development prospects
- Large prestigious projects
Oradeo Recruitment is presently seeking an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to join a large international market leading main contractor based in Denmark tasked with initially working on a large multimillion project from a CSA (Civil, Structural & Architectural) aspect.
The successful Senior Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for the management of projects, budget preparation and estimates, progress reports, final account preparation, client interaction and attending various design team / site meetings.
As a senior member of the Quantity Surveying Team the Senior Quantity Surveyor will have responsibility for direction of the function in relation to relevant projects; as a result of which the Senior QS must be commercially aware, with a high level of commitment, initiative and enthusiasm.
Senior Quantity Surveyor Responsibilities:
- Liaising and reporting to the Area Commercial Manager and Snr. Contracts Manager.
- Liaising with the Design Team to ensure requirements and specifications are met.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Client Representatives to support the activities and maintain positive relations on behalf of the company.
- As a Senior Quantity Surveyor you will be a representative of the company at all relevant site and other meetings.
- Reviewing tender enquiries and tender analysis for projects.
- Estimating and tendering for projects in conjunction with Head Office QS Department.
- Negotiating new projects with price premiums which are cost effective.
- Subcontract purchasing and monitoring of packages on site.
- Monitoring of contract charges and notification to sub-contractors.
- Sub-contractor re-measurement, interim and final account payments.
- Compiling the variation log and signing off on variations with Project Q.S.
- Final account preparations.
- Cost monitoring and reporting while attending all monthly cost reporting meetings.
- Cash flow forecasting for projects and issuing monthly reports to accounts.
- Mentoring to intermediate & Junior Quantity Surveyors to encourage performance.
- 3rd level qualification in Quantity Surveying/Construction Economics
- Ideally you will have 8+ years of experience as a Quantity Surveyor working for a recognised contractor with proven track record in dealing with Subcontractors and Clients in relation to Valuations, Variations, final accounts and cost reporting
- Possesses experience working on a projects in-excess of €40 million (300 million DKK) within the Industrial, Commercial and civil/infrastructure sectors
- Displays through understanding of specifications, bills of quantities, and drawings
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office and other Quantity Surveying Packages (Buildsoft)
- Proven track record in Commercial / build Projects
- Demonstrates excellent budgetary responsibility
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with emphasis on ability to provide and explain reports accurately
- Excellent organisation and time management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities
For more information about this Senior Quantity Surveyor role or other Quantity Surveyor opportunities, contact Kevin Nolan at Oradeo Recruitment confidentially on +353 1 687 7188/ +44 845 643 4964/ +45 8988 6621 or apply in confidence.
About Oradeo– Oradeo Recruitment are specialists in the construction & engineering sector. We are a leading service provider in Ireland, UK, Europe and Middle East for professional recruitment services (Executive search/Directors, Operations Managers, Regional Managers, Senior Quantity Surveyors, Quantity Surveyors, Contract Surveyors, Contracts Managers, Commercial Manager, Site Engineer, Senior Engineer, Project Managers) and the provision of managed labour in Construction & Civil Engineering, Oil & Gas, Mechanical & Electrical, Warehousing and Logistics and Industry