Johnson & Johnson EMEA Development Centre Senior PHP Symfony Developer- Limerick
The Opportunity : Senior PHP Symfony Developer
The Johnson and Johnson, EMEA Development Centre, are currently seeking a Senior Symfony Developer to join our team. We develop, design and deliver high quality business applications, software solutions and services to meet J&J business technology requirements. The offices are newly designed, specifically to accommodate Scrum development and are based on the University of Limerick Campus. It is an open and highly collaborative environment based on LEAN principles with a strong emphasis on continuous integration, automated testing and continuous delivery. Scrum teams are encouraged to be self-organising and autonomous.
- Playing a lead role in software design, architecture, requirements analysis, investigation of leading edge technologies, and software development.
- Collaborating with the core development team and the product owner to define and estimate business requirements and then translate these into specific software tasks.
- Collaborate as a member of an agile team to get products developed and completed with best in class software development.
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable PHP code.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications developed.
- 7+ years’ experience of PHP development.
- Experience of Symfony3 Framework essential.
- Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture, creating/consuming RESTful web services.
- Full stack experience highly desirable - AngularJS/TypeScript development experience a plus.
- Knowledge and experience of NodeJS development a plus.
- Possess a basic understanding of agile development methodologies, specifically Scrum and Kanban.
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- BSc. or Master's degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Solid understanding of information management, data modeling, system integration, development methodologies (including unit testing) and web technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to work effectively with teams.
- Strong analytical skills and a demonstrable bias toward action.