Senior Oracle PL SQL Developer
Senior Oracle PL SQL Developer
Allianz Worldwide Care Profile
Headquartered in Dublin, Allianz Worldwide Care
specializes in providing international health insurance for employees, individuals and their dependants, wherever they are in the world. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Allianz SE, the company is able to draw on the resources and expertise of one of the world’s leading insurers and financial services providers. With nearly 153,000 employees worldwide, the Allianz Group serves 75 million customers in 70 countries. Based in Park West, Dublin 12, Allianz Worldwide Care employs 700 staff.
Allianz Worldwide Care is the only international health insurance provider to offer a 48-hour turnaround on submitted medical claims, under its "Clear to Zero" claims handling initiative. With a 95% client retention rate and a customer base that includes many of the Fortune Global 500 companies, Allianz Worldwide Care continues to build a reputation for service excellence in international healthcare.
- Produce technical specifications based on business requirements documents
- Ensure that all the key technical requirements are identified, estimated, designed, documented, implemented and tested.
- Build high quality solutions using expertise in data modeling, PL/SQL and Java in accordance with AWC development standards.
- Test all code prior to release ensuring quality solutions are delivered and support is provided on delivered code when necessary.
- Work on collaborative projects where stored business logic interfaces with Java applications
- Working with BPM authoring tools where Business logic interfaces with Oracle DB’s as a data access layer
- Unit test all code prior to release to test, to ensure quality solutions are delivered.
- At least 5 years experience of Oracle 10g or 11g SQL, PL/SQL development including writing Oracle Store Procedures in a Transactional environments.
- At least 5 years of PL/SQL programming. experience including the ability to tune SQL and PL/SQL.
- 1 to 2 years of Oracle Forms experience.
- 1 to 2 years of Java Development experience in J2EE environments is highly beneficial.
- Experience working in a Unix environment
- Hold a third level degree or appropriate professional qualification
- Experience of the financial / insurance sector would of course be a distinct advantage.
- Strong Communication (Verbal & Written) and Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment
- Ability to work effectively on own initiative with a strong sense of autonomy
- Results driven and solution oriented
- Strong organisation and planning skills.
- Comfortable challenging the ideas of others
- High attention to detail, accuracy & quality
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage time effectively
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in growing multicultural company committed to empowering its employees and furthering their development. A competitive remuneration and benefits package is offered, including healthcare, pension, life & disability, travel subsidy, discounts on home and car insurance, sports & social club and support for professional studies.
To learn more about us please visit
Allianz Worldwide Care is an Equal Opportunities Employer