Fidelity Investments seeks a Senior Java Developer for developing new enhancements to the application, infrastructure upgrades and general support. Role will be based in Dublin office.
Fidelity Pricing and Cash Management Services (FPCMS) provides investment management support services to Fidelity business partners. These services include: calculating and distributing Net Asset Value (NAV), distribution rates and yields for a wide variety of investment products; preparing fund financial statements, dividend estimates and tax returns; processing fund trades and corporate actions; collecting securities income on behalf of the funds; reconciling, reporting and moving money in support of fund shareholder transactions; and managing fund liquidity.
The Cash Availability System is used to calculate the daily cash available to spend for various mutual fund, fund types and provide suggestions for all Loan Activity. Numbers computed by Cash avail are critical for some key downstream systems used for trading decisions.
The Java Mid-Tier Developer is primarily responsible for ensuring effective, efficient and high quality java development to meet the defined project business objectives. One should possess strong design and technical skills with deep knowledge of the field's concepts, practices and procedures. There is a requirement to work closely with the architecture and development team in determining and defining repeatable development patterns.
We are currently looking for a suitable candidate to join our fast-paced, entrepreneurial culture as a senior software engineer for the Cash Availability application. In this role you will be part of a team with responsibility for developing new enhancements to the application, infrastructure upgrades and general support.
This person must possess excellent communication skills combined with the necessary drive, discipline and technical acumen to deliver solutions in a complex and mission-critical environment.
- Work as a member of a small team on the development, unit testing and integration testing of functional enhancements for a client/server application.
- Provide technical and team leadership in both the User Interface and Mid-Tier
- Translate business requirements into implementation process by considering all alternatives and implementing the best strategy to ensure design meets performance, usability, reliability, and scalability requirements.
- Actively participate in the definition of both functional and non-functional requirements of a system and define the development strategy, standards and support tools.
- Translate business requirements into a detailed design documents.
- Write source code, adapt existing components, and test the developed components as units
- creating test stubs and test data as necessary
- Requires an understanding of the overall system architecture and the impact of changes to the system.
- Define and ensure compliance to standards and best practices for development including
- Change management, release management, and source code control.
- Proactively identify potential risks and take steps to mitigate the risks
- Participate as part of a 24X7 Production Support Rota for application
- Achieve high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Coach and develop team members
- Occasional travel to the US/India may also be required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- At least 5 years industry experience in a software engineering capacity
- Worked on a development team through at least 2 major development cycles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work closely with teammates to solve problems, transfer knowledge, and develop overall product architecture.
- Ability to balance team and individual responsibilities.
- Commitment to the highest levels of quality and demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness.
- Knowledge of Financial Services/Fund Accounting is desirable.
- Strong background and exposure to Analysis and Design of applications.
- Complete life cycle of client/server application/product.
- Familiar with Quality processes and must have followed them during development.
- Ability to communicate with BA's and Business Users regarding user requirements
- Be part of a production support Rota for nightly cycles and weekend Cycles.
- A proactive and motivated self starter
- Proven problem solving skills
- Customer facing and relationship management skills
- Experience of working with remote teams an advantage
The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience of the following development tools/environments:
- Four or more years web application development experience in Java/J2EE.
- Experience with SQL and stored procedures. Oracle database preferred.
- iBatis/Hibernate ORM tools
Experience in any of these is desirable:
- SOAP/Web Services
- RAD6 or Eclipse Platform