Senior Java Enginer / Senior Java Programmer,
Senior Java Engineer - Java / J2EE Developer (Java, J2EE, JSP, MAVEN, JMS)
About FINEOS Corporation
FINEOS is a market leading provider of core software solutions for Insurance and Government Social Insurance. Our flagship product, FINEOS Claims, is the insurance industries best of breed solution for all Injury, Illness and Loss claims. FINEOS has an enviable track record of 100% successful, high quality implementations delivering tangible business benefits which exceed customer expectations. Established in 1993, the company delivers innovative solutions to a global market and has customers, employees and established bases in North America, Europe, Africa and the Asia Pacific markets. For more information, visit http://www.FINEOS.com
FINEOS currently requires an experienced Senior Java Software Developer with proven development skills, to join the Development team based in Dublin responsible for building and supporting our FINEOS web based custom solutions.
FINEOS projects require highly motivated individuals who thrive in a technically challenging landscape. This is not a pure "development" role - an aptitude for considering the bigger picture, the knowledge to consider all options, the innovation to select the best solution, and the determination to take the solution to completion, while maintaining a focus on delivering quality and value to the customer. The role may require periodic travelling and working at client sites.
- Minimum 5 years' experience developing web based Java applications and integrations.
- Working as a member of a team or on their own to deliver high quality and maintainable software solutions, to strict deadlines.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision, relied upon for critical tasks and accept leadership roles when called upon to do so.
- Participate in the software development lifecycle; technical analysis and design, development and unit test phases.
- Interacting with internal and external customers of the organisation, to clarify requirements, design and develop solutions.
- Mentoring of less experienced staff where appropriate e.g. development best practices, peer review of designs, code and tests.
- Working effectively with Test Engineering Team to resolve open issues in an efficient manner.
- Ability to identify, deliver and drive improvements and innovations within the development area.
- Compile and review estimates around all technical aspects of a solution
- Ensure all aspects of good design and construction are delivered, including:
- Performance, scalability and security
- Modularity, interoperability and upgradability
- Work with peers within the client organization to ensure a successful delivery
- Work closely with the Lead Technical and Business Consultants to review requirements handover
- Provide detailed planning and tracking information to Development leads and project management
- Work closely with Solution Architects for direction and compliance
- Deploy FINEOS solutions in house and onsite
- Advanced Troubleshooting of FINEOS solutions
- Ability to work on FINEOS solutions both in house and on clients sites.
- Strong experience in a technically challenging development role
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Strong JAVA development skills
- including J2EE technologies such as:
- JSP, JMS, JNDI
- XML related technologies
- Application servers: Websphere, Weblogic, Tomcat
- Databases: DB2, Oracle, SQL Server
- Development Tools: Apache Ant, Maven, Junit, Eclipse, Subversion
- Experience using one or more of the following middleware and integration technologies: SOAP (over HTTP/JMS), WebsphereMQ, SOA, AquaLogic (Oracle Service Bus)
- Good general technical knowledge, focus on quality with an appreciation of the customer deliverables
- Experience in the development of large scale HTML based java applications
- Provide detailed planning and tracking information to project management
- Review estimates around all technical aspects of a solution
- Committed to creating readable, reliable and maintainable code and come up to speed quickly on new technologies.
- A relevant third level qualification
- Fluency in verbal and written English essential.
- Proven excellent technical problem solving capabilities
- Multi-platform skills (Linux/Unix/Windows) would be an advantage
- Experience of working in a vendor environment on a client site.
- IT background in financial services or insurance sectors would be an advantage
FINEOS is an equal opportunities employer