Senior Java Developer with Groovy Grails required by a Software Development Centre in West Dublin, Ireland. Permanent Job. Apply Now!
Senior JAVA Developer
(With Groovy Grails expertise)
Software Development Centre
€50 – 60K permanent job with Excellent Benefits and Bonus
Eden Recruitment is working closely with a Software Development Centre based in West Dublin, Ireland.
Working within an “Agile” Development Environment, the Senior JAVA Developer will become part of an International Team of Talented Software Engineers, Developers and Architects working with cutting edge technology across multiple platforms.
- Working within an International Team, the Senior JAVA Developer will be responsible for producing high quality RAD (grails/groovy) development to meet the defined project objectives.
- Expect to overall responsibility for the full lifecycle of multiple applications, including project management, design and development duties. So it is essential that the Senior JAVA Developer has strong design and technical skills with deep knowledge of the UI, mid-tier and database field's concepts, practices and procedures.
- Provide Team and Technical leadership in all tiers of an application (UI, mid-tier, database, etc)
- Research new technologies independently to make judgment and recommendations for future releases (Must be willing to research and keep up to date with technology trends and enhancements)
- Working with Business Analysts and Business Stakeholders, turn business requirements into detailed design description (due diligence to best strategy, performance, usability, reliability and scalability)
- Write source code, adapt existing components, and test the developed components as units creating test stubs and test data as necessary
- Define and ensure compliance to standards and best practices for UI, Mid-Tier, data access and database development including change management, release management, & source code control.
- Coach and develop team members.
- Attend overseas meetings from time to time.
Core Skills Required:
Senior Software Developer with proven skills in the following areas:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Six or more years web application development experience in Java/J2EE.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Groovy and Grails very desirable.
- Experienced with SQL and stored procedures (Oracle database preferred).
- Experience with basic data modeling preferred.
- Experience with iBatis/Hibernate ORM tools desirable.
- Experience with the following technologies: Spring, Web Services.
- Solid experience and understanding of JSP/GSP.
- Knowledge of technologies and trends such as RSS/Atom, AJAX very desirable.
Ability to work closely with teammates to solve problems, transfer knowledge, and develop overall product architecture.
Ability to understand complex business processes – the developer is operating in a number of roles that include architect, project manager, developer and business analyst.
Familiarity with Agile methodologies desirable!
For more information about available and upcoming IT Jobs in Ireland, please submit your CV to Phil in Eden Recruitment.
Visit Eden Recruitment Click Here
Visit the "Irish Tech Jobs Blog" Click Here
Join us on Facebook: www.fb.com/irishtechjobs