ViaSat is in the business of connecting the world. As a global broadband services and technology company, we connect international communities to the internet by offering residential internet service; enabling passengers and operations crews to stream high-bandwidth media, applications and content when traveling globally on commercial, business or government aircraft and maritime vessels. We deliver and protect information – when and where it is needed most – with our trusted communications ground systems, infrastructure, and services.
ViaSat Ireland is one of the country’s most innovative, interesting and exciting technology companies. Based in Dublin city centre's Silicon Docks, beside Trinity College, Merrion Square, Government Buildings and quality transport hubs, we build scalable mobile apps and enterprise software for airlines. ViaSat Ireland is part of a fast-growing, global brand, which designs and launches satellites, delivering quality connectivity to people in the most challenging places - including at 30,000 feet!
We're growing exponentially, creating an immediate requirement for the best people, and significant opportunities for career growth. We work hard to exceed our clients' expectations, but we also like to have fun and make every team member feel valued. We offer an amazing benefits package, flexible start and finish times, an inclusive company culture, the opportunity for worldwide travel and a proactive corporate social responsibility policy that embraces diversity and personal growth. Sound like a good fit for you? We always love to hear from talented, enthusiastic people, so please click on the button for any of our openings and tell us why you rock. Thanks for considering ViaSat Ireland as your career choice.
What We Need:
We need a ‘passionate about code and quality’ web engineer who has developed complex single page web applications against RESTful APIs.
You will be joining a cross-functional agile team delivering new features and enhancements to one or more of our products.
You will be working alongside talented product managers, software engineers and UX / interface designers. You will be mentoring and training the more junior members of your team and will be contributing at the highest level to our software’s design and architecture. You will be responsible for writing automated tests, coding, software configuration and writing documentation. You will help facilitate and improve our Agile process.
Key responsibilities are:
- Our server software is typically built on the JVM and exposes rich RESTful APIs that are consumed by our mobile clients, our single page web apps and airlines.
- Web development on a modern framework React/Redux
- Working within your favourite IDE: IntelliJ / WebStorm / Visual Code
- Testing automation testing with JEST and Geb
- Build automation with Grunt/Gulp/Webpack
- Opportunities to work on full-stack (native & backend) development
- Opportunities to work with Typescript, React Native, ClojureScript
- Contributing to our design and software development lifecycles
- Implementing pixel perfect designs that work across all major browsers
- You will not need to support IE8