Senior Credit Officer
Volkswagen Bank GmbH is a wholly owned subsidiary of Volkswagen Financial Services AG, the largest automobile financial services provider in Europe. Our central task is to promote sales for the Volkswagen Group and its brands. The products and services of Volkswagen Bank GmbH range from the financing of new and used vehicles of all the Group's brands to dealer financing.
A vacancy has now arisen for a Senior Credit Officer within the Underwriting Department of Volkswagen Bank Branch Ireland. The successful candidate will prepare and underwrite new business credit proposals and to conduct annual corporate reviews on an annual basis. The Senior Credit Officer will be the Team Leader to the Corporate & Retail Underwriting Team (Front Office).
- Prepare and underwrite new business credit proposals (within a delegated authority) ensuring that business accepted is profitable and good quality.
- Conduct annual corporate credit reviews for the business on a timely basis.
- Process and present to Branch Risk all applications in excess of the delegated authority within the Branch competency matrix limits.
- Provide management information to Branch and HQ (Germany) functions regarding the performance of borrowers and the portfolio.
- This role will be based within the underwriting department and the successful candidate will coach and drive the development of their team through side by side coaching, performance appraisals and team meetings.
- Prepare and present credit applications to Credit Committee locally and at Head Quarter level.
- Conduct face to face customer reviews for Corporate / Fleet customers.
- Participate in Brand Network Credit steering and Network planning.
- Ensure fulfillment of all Loan documentation and security.
- Participate in product development projects.
- Developing and implementing Credit policy within the Branch.
- Working closely with other areas of the business and working in particular with the Risk Department to ensure compliance and adherence to credit policy. Will report to senior management level.
Key Role Requirements
- In depth knowledge of corporate & retail credit finance
- Degree Qualification in Business or Finance related discipline preferable
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in a similar role required
- Proven Team Leader experience
- Knowledge of the Irish Banking and Financial Services Industry
- Knowledge of legislation & of marketplace/economy
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office with particular emphasis on Excel
- Fluent English (written and spoken) – a knowledge of German would be an advantage
- Outstanding attention to detail essential
- Excellent interpersonal & verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead & motivate people
- Energetic, detailed oriented, able to adhere deadlines on a timely manner.
- Complex & Analytical thinking
- Committed, confident, and forward thinking & can carry out the role with flexibility & enthusiasm
- Strong numerical competence
Terms & Conditions
This is a full time permanent position. A competitive remuneration package commensurate with experience and qualification level will be offered to the successful candidate.
How to Apply
Closing date for receipt of applications is 31 October 2012.
NO ASSISTANCE FROM AGENCIES REQUIRED