Duties & Responsibilities:
<span style="font-family: calibri, sans-ser
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Managing the delivery of the Procurement agenda with the Irish business and Procurement Category Leads in respect of Irish specific procurement needs, cross categories
- Leading complex sourcing activity, cross category, aligned to category plans
- Senior interface locally for ‘procurement needs’ and the face of Procurement locally
- Management of senior stakeholder and business relationships
- Oversee the management and delivery of local book of work and upcoming activity/contract renewals
- Supplier relationship management, for some identified key relationships, as required and appropriate
- Management of local contract management and business disputes
- Development of local opportunity pipeline for savings and value add
- Oversight and deliver of agenda with local support services e.g. Accounts Payable, Tax, Legal etc
- Local query management and handling and interaction with category teams for effective resolution
- Mentoring / supporting of local Category Manager
- Oversight and delivery of Aviva’s Supply Mgt Framework in conjunction with category leads
- Regular reporting and communication with the relevant PCM and or UK based team members.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience required:
Closing date for applications is the 31st January 2013 at 5pm. Shortlisting may apply.
- Significant cross-category experience and a proven track record of delivering Commercial, SRM, or Category Management within a demanding, fast evolving environment
- Ability to lead and apply strategic sourcing, supplier relationship management and total cost of ownership.
- Strong commercial and stakeholder management skills and proven track record of building strong internal business relationships at all levels.
- Results orientated; comfortable identifying, setting & delivering against stretch targets.
- Able to manage ambiguity; working within a complex, fluid, organisational environment with often limited data visibility and diverse processes.
- Ability to manage a high level of diverse projects simultaneously.
- Excellent business and commercial acumen, knowledge of financial fundamentals and analytical skills.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills.
- Ability to interact with key stakeholders and build trust at all levels of the organisation, including Exec level.
- Must be able to develop, manage and lead own agenda.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Manage and mitigate supply risk through supporting internal and external governance processes
- Drive and implement appropriate business and category plans, providing insightful marketplace views for our stakeholder base
- Knowledge and of application of best practice commercial, SRM & category management skills to identify and drive greater efficiencies
- Ability to drive performance by optimising supply chain in key supply relationships
- Actively manage suppliers in order to assure achievement of contracted levels of performance and benefit delivery