AIB Merchant Services (AIBMS) is one of Ireland's largest providers of card payment services with extensive operations in Republic of Ireland and Great Britain and with card processing capabilities throughout Continental Europe.
Our relationship with our customers is at the heart of our business strategy. We are committed to offering the best service, the best products and the best delivery methods and, to support this, we are continually investing in our products and services to ensure our customers have the best payment solutions available.
This position is responsible for the day-to-day management of a number of key Card Scheme functions within the Compliance Department.
- Card Scheme fines
- Payment Facilitator applications
- Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS)
The jobholder is also responsible for managing the day-to-day workload of the Card Scheme Coordinator and assisting the Compliance Manager with any Card Scheme projects, where necessary.
Card Scheme Fines
- Oversee the investigation of fine notifications from Visa, MasterCard, Diners etc.
- Coordinate the formal responses to the card schemes and any subsequent appeals where necessary.
- Work with the relevant 3 rd Parties (such as the MSP’s & G2) to identify & implement resolutions to ongoing issues.
- Track and coordinate fines to ensure that the correct billing process is implemented.
Payment Facilitator (PF) applications
- Management of the new process to support Payment Facilitators (Master Merchants).
- Development and documentation of any new processes to support this function.
- Maintain awareness of any new scheme rules affecting the PF process.
- Coordination of the Application process for each new PF including management of the relevant paperwork, submission of the registration documentation to the schemes and coordination of any outstanding queries relating to the registration.
- Management of the billing process related to the registration.
- Ongoing monitoring of the PF to ensure compliance with the various Visa and MasterCard regulations.
- Report to the Compliance Manager on any issues arising from a PF application.
- Act as key point of contact within the business for PF issues and queries
Management of the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards Project (PCI DSS) as it moves from a project to a ‘business as usual’ function. This involves the following key tasks:
- Monitoring merchant batches - to ensure that all merchants prepared for upload to the PCI Portal should be boarded. Carry out corrective action where necessary.
- Monitor response files from the PCI portal - correct errors on any failed merchant records and resubmit the file for upload.
- Manage changes to VIP merchants as requested – e.g. suppress communications, suppress billing, etc.
- Manage the application of discounts and fees in line with AIBMS policy on discount bands, customer complaints etc.
- Manage Merchant correspondence - respond to merchant letters regarding the PCI programme, issues, disputes, refund requests, etc.
- Manage the completion of merchant questionnaires & attestation documents where required.
- Manage the Scheme reports submission – ensure that the relevant reports are downloaded and submitted to the schemes on a quarterly basis.
- Track PCI reports and follow up with merchants on non engagement, fines etc.
- Manage access to the PCI staging system for all users.
- Oversee all Letter/communications - responsible for letter/content cleansing and approval prior to mailing house distribution
- Manage the reconciliation process between AIBMS Finance and Sysnet Finance.
Management of Card Scheme Coordinator
- Oversee the tasks being carried out by the Card Scheme Coordinator ensuring that the appropriate support is given where necessary.
- Monitor and manage the workload to ensure that deadlines can be met.
This list is not exhaustive and hence the job holder is expected to take on any other reasonable duties and responsibilities that fall in line with the level of the role.
- Degree level (or above) qualification in finance/economics, law, auditing or risk management.
- At least 3 years working experience in a financial institution, ideally with specific Cards experiences within a Compliance, Legal or Risk management environment
- Experience with Salesforce / Mastercard Online / Visa
- Solid working knowledge of compliance issues and associated operational requirements within acquiring industry
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong business acumen at both an individual and group level
- Excellent organisational and planning skills and practical ability to prioritise effectively.
- Strong ability to work to deadlines and deliver high quality work
- Demonstrable ability of working effectively as part of a team – as well as across the business from Senior Management to front line sales staff
- Excellent working knowledge of Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Ability to work under pressure
AIB Merchant Services offer:
- Competitive salary & benefits
- Outstanding career and growth opportunities
- Market leading products and services
- Energetic, team-oriented atmosphere