The Pre-Sales Support Engineer will provide prospects, sales staff, channel partners and resellers with technical product advice during sales discussions. This position requires the ability to effectively perform detailed online technical deep-dive demonstrations, during which you must effectively promote product features, answer audience questions and clearly ascertain the prospect's needs and requirements. The Pre-Sales Support Engineer must demonstrate expert knowledge of the entire SolarWind's Systems Management product portfolio. This person will be responsible for supporting prospects with assistance during the product evaluation cycle. This will include responding to technical queries via email, online remote assistance, troubleshooting and solving moderately complex pre-sales support problems. Qualified applicants will have a minimum of 3 years technical product support or relevant pre-sales support experience.
The Pre-Sales Engineer will be responsible for:
- Performs technical pre-sales support activities in support of the company's products.
- Conducts online product demonstrations.
- Answers technical questions from potential customers and channel partners.
- Maintains and continually upgrades technical understanding of products and provides training to other team members where necessary.
- Assists the sales organization and channel partners in resolving technical problems as they arise during the sales cycle.
- Performs pre-sales technical support duties, including but not limited to, product installation, setup, configuration, and troubleshooting of various product issues.
- Conveys customer feedback including feature requests and product issues to Product Management and Development teams.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant Business or Computing discipline.
- Exceptional oral and written communication and presentation skills are critical.
- A good mix of technical ability, sales and customer interaction skills are required.
- 3 - 6 Years post qualification experience in an IT technical role.
- Typically systems administrator or similar
- Substantial experience with server platforms including: Windows, UNIX and/or Linux
- Windows and/or Unix Scripting such as VB, PowerShell and/or Perl.
- Experience with SIEM solutions highly desirable.
- Experience with Virtualization technologies including VMWare VSphere and Hyper-V
- VCP certified or working towards is desirable but not essential
- Substantial experience in Windows 2003/2008/2012 and SQL 2005/2008/2012.
- MCSA OR MCSE or working towards.
- Must possess good reasoning and technical troubleshooting skills.