Risk Officer – Risk Management Function
Risk Officer – Risk Management Function
Allianz Worldwide Care Profile
Headquartered in Dublin, Allianz Worldwide Care
specializes in providing international health insurance for employees, individuals and their dependants, wherever they are in the world. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Allianz SE, the company is able to draw on the resources and expertise of one of the world’s leading insurers and financial services providers. With nearly 153,000 employees worldwide, the Allianz Group serves 75 million customers in 70 countries. Based in Park West, Dublin 12, Allianz Worldwide Care currently employs 700 staff.
Allianz Worldwide Care is the only international health insurance provider to offer a 48-hour turnaround on submitted medical claims, under its "Clear to Zero" claims handling initiative. With a 95% client retention rate and a customer base that includes many of the Fortune Global 500 companies, Allianz Worldwide Care continues to build a reputation for service excellence in international healthcare.
Due to significant growth in recent years and to the demands of Solvency II, the Company now wishes to recruit a risk officer to provide support in relation to risk management. This person will be responsible for ensuring risk management reporting procedures are implemented in accordance with the risk management framework. This role will involve working with senior colleagues across all departments. The position will report to the Risk Manager, who reports to the Chief Risk Officer.
- As a risk subject matter expert; provide support to business unit risk coordinators to ensure ongoing identification, evaluation, monitoring & reporting of risk occurs in accordance with risk management policies.
- Facilitate quarterly ‘review & challenge’ process of business unit ‘Risk & Control Self-Assessments’ (RCSAs), to include evaluation of control effectiveness and mitigation plan oversight.
- Ensure the appropriate risk monitoring is in place and maintained to include the production of quarterly risk dashboards for executive management monitoring and oversight on Internal Controls.
- Coordinate and prepare the suite of risk management reports on a timely basis for input to the various governance committees. Assist and support periodic risk management assessments as required.
- Provide regular ‘education & awareness’ initiatives seeking assurance on compliance with Internal Control Framework and risk policies. Take responsibility for the administration of the risk management application (ORGS), providing training where necessary to ensure the recording of high quality data.
- Develop an extensive working knowledge of the EU ‘Solvency II’ Directive, more specifically to ensure the ongoing delivery of pillar II requirements
- Support the Risk Management Function in the delivery of Solvency II qualitative requirements in particular the preparation and delivery of the company ‘Own Risk & Solvency Assessment’.
- Experience working in a Financial Services environment, with 3+ years experience in risk and/or control function, e.g. Risk Management, Audit, Sarbanes Oxley.
- Likely to have a Degree, Risk Management accreditation or Accounting qualification.
Candidates with Solvency II / Basel II experience, or proficiency in a risk management specialist skill (Business Continuity qualification) an advantage.
- Detailed understanding and knowledge of best practices and trends in risk management.
- Excellent problem solving, judgment and analytical abilities.
- Have a strong professional presence, interacting effectively with management teams.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to influence stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent time management and ability to work on numerous tasks with multiple departments simultaneously.
- High attention to detail.
- Highly motivated and proactive.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to work well under pressure
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in growing multicultural company committed to empowering its employees and furthering their development. A competitive remuneration and benefits package is offered, including healthcare, pension, life & disability, travel subsidy, discounts on home and car insurance, sports & social club and professional accounting annual subscription.
To learn more about us please visit
Allianz Worldwide Care is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Allianz Worldwide Care does not require the assistance of Recruitment Agencies