To provide analytic support for credit, concentration, market, liquidity, and balance sheet risk.Based in our Dublin office, permanent
Title: Risk Management Specialist
Salary range: Competitive
Full time position
Wells Fargo & Company is a diversified financial services company providing banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance. We’re headquartered in San Francisco, California, with offices from coast to coast in the U.S. and overseas — and strategic relationships with more than 3,000 banks around the world.
Our international division truly spans the globe, with a combined workforce of more than 2,700 dedicated team members and more than 30 overseas offices. Through our coast-to-coast U.S. presence, overseas offices in strategic Locations, and technology platforms, we provide our clients the direct and on-the-ground support they need to effectively manage all their global business in 130 countries.
The London branch of Wells Fargo, based in Fenchurch Street, has over 400 Team Members with 27 lines of business.
Our vision: “We want to satisfy all our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially.”
Main function of the job:
To provide analytic support for credit, concentration, market, liquidity, and balance sheet risk.
To assist the Senior Risk Officers (“SRO’s”), the CRO and other members of the risk, finance, treasury teams in compiling, confirming, collating, and reporting portfolio data, results and forecasts.
To schedule and organize various WFBI committee meetings and to prepare, assemble and disseminate slides and agendas for committee meetings and Power Point presentations, and to manage and maintain files for all committee agendas, reports and decisions.
The individual selected will be expected to work as part of a team and be responsible for a wide variety of activities including the following:
- Support the credit approval process and ensure that credit, concentration, market, liquidity, and balance sheet risk is appropriately and timely monitored and reported in accordance with Wells Fargo policies and procedures and EBA guidelines.
- Input, analyse and utilise risk information and data through Trepp, Globus, Adaptiv, Opics, Simpcorp and other public and proprietary information systems and Wells Fargo or WFBI systems of record in effect from time to time.
- Operate and coordinate the information flow, the modeling and the reporting capabilities for redit, concentration, market, liquidity, and balance sheet risk.
- Monitor and report the credit quality of the Bank’s exposure (and related information) about WFBI’s portfolio (including any projections).
- Monitoring, analysing, interpreting and reporting on performance trends in asset backed securities and cash flow analyses and stress testing
- Implement and operate a program of stress-testing in accordance with WFBI policies and EBA guidelines, as appropriately supervised.
- Ensure that the Credit Committee, the Risk Committee and ALCO have accurate monthly reports which will then be presented to the Board, the regulator, senior WFBI management or related EMEA wide committees.
- Maintain the accuracy and manage the records of the portfolio risk management system to ensure proper monitoring and reporting of positions, projections and risk identified in the portfolio.
- Prepare, maintain and coordinate the distribution of the daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports required for the risk management department or to be prepared by the risk management department on behalf of WFBI.
- Degree – educated, or equivalent. A very strong finance and mathematics focus preferred.
- Knowledge and experience of structured credit products, especially asset backed securities is essential.
- Experience in developing risk models to support portfolio management would be an advantage.
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to provide presentations and briefings to senior personnel.
- Good interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload from multiple sources.
- Professional maturity and high energy level.
- Must be able to work independently in a fast paced, team environment.
Ability to operate comfortably on a small team, but within a large, multicultural organization
- High level proficiency with advanced Excel and/or VBA, PowerPoint and Word.