Our client is a young exciting Dublin based drug development company with a vacancy for a bright, hard working, research assistant for a newly created appointment.
Job Spec :
The Research Assistant will be fully responsible for:
- Planning and executing biologial studies as required, with particular focus on cell culture.
- Project managing studies carried out at Third Parties in the area of biology.
- Having familiarity with Quality Management Systems (QMS). Contributing to maintain a QMS within the Company and GXP activities.
- Performing job functions in accordance with all applicable SOPs.
- Report writing with good attention to detail and GXP awareness.
- Providing administrative support by generating documentation, such as contracts and purchase orders, as well as filing and archiving corporate documentation and identify process improvements.
- Coordinating with other personnel as needed to manage projects and operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Person Spec :
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a biological science.
- At least 2 years of related experience in the laboratory area required.
- Excellent aseptic technique and experience of working in an industrial environment.
- Experience of ELISA assays is essential and knowledge of flow cytometry,Western blotting and flourescent microscopy will be a distinct advantage.
- High level of knowledge of pharmaceutical GXP regulations and guidelines.
- Intellectual curiosity coupled with an ability to interpret laboratory results and work effectively in a cross functional team.
- Strong analytical and self-driven skills with a proven track record in the laboratory.
- Excellent communication capabilities both verbal and written.