Reinsurance Underwriter - Junior
Reinsurance Underwriting - Junior
The Role involves proactively supporting the Underwriting Team and forming part of it.
- Supporting the process of proportional & non-proportional Underwriting including Technical analysis, pricing and submission & negotiation of business
- Active participation in the renewal process to ensure data accuracy and preparation of information for review.
- Preparation of client visits and audits, and at international market meetings and conferences, preparation and assistance in client and broker events
- Administrative support to the Underwriters regarding claims assessment;
- Administrative support to the Underwriters regarding technical accounting solutions;
- Underwriting data, file administration and update of treaties and market data including the entry of data into our IT system
- Responsibility to create and maintain an up to date client contact register.
- Business Degree, preferably with a specialisation in Finance, Insurance/Reinsurance or International Business
- Insurance or Reinsurance experience preferably but not a necessary requirement, basic understanding of Reinsurance techniques
- Prior direct or reinsurance Underwriting experience of advantage, but also mature candidates from University/Business School welcome
- Fluent English, additional language skills are of advantage
- Valid work permit for Ireland
- Willingness to travel
- Willingness to learn and to have a long term interest in working and developing in a leading international reinsurance company – this position has lots of development potential
For more information on the role and company please contact Honor on 01 664 1214
Salary: Salary is negotiable depending on the experience of the successful candidate, along with a generous benefit package
Please note: Not all opportunities are advertised in order to satisfy the discretion of our clients, please contact an AIR Consultant for a consultation.
AIR Recruitment specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals: Chief Actuary | Product Development | Pricing & Reserving |Newly & Nearly Qualified | Part Qualified | Solvency II | Trainee Actuary| Actuary – Life and Non-Life| Claims | Reinsurance |Underwriting | Captive | Treaty Specialists | Risk Analysts |Operations| Compliance |Project Managers |Business Analysts |Wealth Management| Pensions |Risk Manager | SII | Non-Exec |Executive Directors |Actuary|