Registered Nurse required for Suncroft Lodge Nursing Home
Trinity Care is one of Ireland’s leading private healthcare establishments. Trinity Care operates and manages four nursing homes at the following locations:
Suncroft Lodge Nursing Home, The Curragh, Co Kildare is currrently recruiting a Registered Nurse to join their team in leading the delivery of Person Centered Care to our Residents.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Genuine interest in working with the relevant Client group.
- Current Registration with An Bord Altrainis.
- Team Player
- Experience / qualification in care for relevant Client category.
- Knowledge of HIQA Standards
- Previous supervisory experience
- Ensure that all Staff Members contribute, to the best of their ability, to the efficient running of the Nursing Home and the creation of an atmosphere conducive to the best interests of the Clients.
- Report any ill health amongst Clients and make requests fro G.P / Professional visits where necessary.
- Ensure that Clients' Care Plans are completed and maintained in conjunction with Clients, Relatives and other Health Care Professionals, and in accordance with An Bord Altranais guidelines and Company Policy.
- Assess all aspects of Clients' care needs, ands provide health supervision and direct Nursing Care when required.
- Assess social and health care needs of new Clients, and maintain on-going assessments and review all other Clients.
- Maintain accurate records and ensure that each Client within the Nursing Home has an individualised Care Plan. Client Care Plans to be reviewed on a monthly basis or even more frequently as and when required, in accordance with An Bord Altranais guidelines & Company policy.
- Carry out regular checks on Clients at intervals determined by the DON. Ensure a clear and concise handover report is given to all relevant Staff Members at the end of each shift.
- Administer prescribed medicines and document the same accordance with the Company's procedure and An Bord Altranais.
- Practice maximum integrity in all dealings with Clients' personal and financial affairs, and avoid abuse of the privileged relationship which exits with Clients.
- Participate in Staff and Client meetings as and when required.
- Establish and maintain good communication with Clients, Relatives and with the multidisciplinary team. Provide administrative support when required.
Budgetary / Financial Control:
- Ensure that all commodities used in and around the Nursing Home sensibly conserved by all Staff Members e.g. monitor usage of incontinence aids, wipes, dressings, electricity etc
- Actively market the Nursing Home and promote personal / professional profile within the local community, ensuring a good reputation of the Nursing Home at all times.
- Ensure the Nursing Home is attractively presented, and odour free, at all times, in line with the Company's attention to detail philosophy.
- Ensure a viewing room is suitably presented and available at all times (unless Nursing Home is fully occupied)
Training / Development:
- Supervise and instruct junior and new Staff Members in all aspects of their work in the Nursing Home giving help and guidance where appropriate.
- Maintain and improve professional knowledge and competence. Keep professionally updated in all areas of clinical expertise.
- Attend mandatory training days/ courses, on or off site, as and when required.
Health & Safety:
- Report immediately to the D.O.N, or person in charge, any illness of an infectious nature or accident incurred by a Resident, colleague, self or another.
- Understand and ensure the implementation of, the Nursing Homes' Health and Safety policy, and Emergency and Fire Procedures.
- Report to the D.O.N, or the maintenance, any faulty appliances, damaged furniture, equipment or any potential hazard.
- Promote safe working practice within the Nursing Home.
- Adhere to all appropriate An Bord Altranais guidelines / regulations.
- Maintain all documentation and records as required by both the Registering Authority and the Directors of Nursing
- Ensure that all information of confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties.
- Notify the D.O.N, or the Person in Charge, as soon as possible of your inability to report for duty.
- Ensure the security of the Nursing Home is maintained at all times.
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures within the defined timescales.
- Ensure all equipment is clean and well maintained.
- Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you.
This Job Description indicates only the main duties and responsibilities of the post. It is not intended as an exhaustive list..
Trinity Care’s commitment to continuous improvement means that our current and future clients benefit from an ongoing quality care programme, one that is person