Job Title Radiographer
Report to Radiology Services Manager
Hours 35 hours per week
- BSc in Radiography or equivalent. (Validated by the Irish Institute of Radiography)
- To undertake Radiographic and Imaging Examinations as required.
- To maintain a high standard of Radiography.
- To take part in on-call services and extended working day as required.
- To ensure that the three principles of radiation protection, namely justification, optimisation (ALARA) and dose constraints / limits are adhered to.
- To be familiar with and adhere to SI No. 478 of 2002.
- To take part in routine daily inspection of equipment and quality assurance procedures. To report any defects or problems to RSM.
- To follow directions of RSM, Clinical Specialist Radiographer, Senior Radiographer or Consultant Radiologists where applicable.
- To follow departmental protocols and procedures at all times.
- To keep up to date with current techniques and developments in Radiographic and Imaging procedures and to take part in in-service training as required.
- To actively participate in Continuous Professional Development.
- To take responsibility for the general cleanliness, tidiness and safety of the Department, with specific responsibility for their own work area.
- To familiarize themselves with current infection control procedures.
- To be familiar with, and abide by, all Health and Safety Rules and recommendations.
- To report all defects and occurrences, which may affect safety, to the appropriate senior member of staff.
- To provide a quality service for patients by ensuring that every patient is treated as an individual in terms of courtesy, kindness, efficiency and confidentiality.
- To maintain good working relationships with colleagues and with non-radiographic staff, both in Radiology and throughout the Hospital.
This job description indicates the main responsibilities of the post and is subject to periodic revision and amendment with the post holder.