You will work within the Quality function specialising in improving the results of global internet search, with responsibility for the performance of the Japanese market, aligning delivery to customer expectations and general business requirements.
Lionbridge Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq: LIOX) is a leading provider of globalization and testing services. Lionbridge combines global resources with proven program management methodologies to serve as an outsource partner throughout a client's product and content lifecycle -- from development to globalization, testing and maintenance. Global organizations in all industries rely on Lionbridge services to increase international market share, speed adoption of global products and content, and enhance their return on enterprise applications and IT system investments. Based in Waltham, Mass., Lionbridge now maintains more than 44 solution centres in 26 countries and provides services under the Lionbridge and VeriTest brands. To learn more, visit http://www.lionbridge.com/
Quality Controller (Japanese Market) Maternity Cover Contract
This role will be based on-site in Ballina, Co. Mayo.
- Work within a global team of Market Specialists, while having specific ownership for the Japanese Market.
- A key responsibility of the role is to provide language and cultural expertise of Japan for the business and customers, including how users interact with global search engines.
- Manage the performance and regularly interact with a large number of work-at-home “cloud based” resources in Japan, who work on projects to improve internet search results.
- Measure adherence of resources to strict sets of guidelines and rules, utilising performance data from operating systems.
- Conduct root cause analysis of performance issues of resources on an on-going basis, then develop and measure improvement programs, providing reports and recommendations to management.
- Manage the design, implementation and delivery of Japan-specific training, through web-based eLearning materials, online video production and webinars.
- Communicate with peers to leverage best practice and consistency across all markets.
General Skills & Expectations:
- The successful candidate will ideally have lived and worked in the Japan for at least 3 years.
- Must have deep familiarity with current and historical business, media, sport, news, social media and cultural affairs of the Japanese market.
- Demonstrate verbal, written, listening and organisational skills.
- Time management and organisation skills are essential.
- 3rd Level Qualification essential.
- Must have at least 3 years post qualification, relevant experience.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of the internet and social media.
- The ideal candidate will have strong research skills, with the ability to read and understand complex guidelines, and to apply those guidelines to user behaviour.
- Background in a quality or performance management role or organisation preferred but not essential (2-3 years in a multinational work environment).
- Ability to collaborate both internally and externally of the Quality function is essential.
Technical Skills & Expectations
- The successful candidate must have strong Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Practical experience with SQL an advantage.
- Working knowledge of SharePoint an advantage, with practical experience of content authoring tools such as Adobe Captivate a distinct advantage.
- Experience designing and delivering eLearning content an advantage.
Lionbridge is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.